Youth team news

The youngsters are hitting their stride now this season.

Last Saturday won 3-2 at Shrewsbury

Midweek won 4-2 at Blackburn

And, in front of Lee Johnson, they have just finished thumping Carlisle 5-0, with five different goalscorers.

Go on lads!

I'm all for giving youth a chance but you have got to be careful when you do it. We have a stronger squad this year in my opinion than we have had for a while. When things are going well like this you need to maintain and try to sustain the results coming in and Jack Tuohy for example, season ticket holder and local lad which is brilliant but we have players in the middle of midfield of Jones and Kelly, doing very well at the moment and also Dieng and Mellor on the bench, also winchester can play in the centre so when do you play him? JPT some will say, I would argue to try and go all the way, maybe blood them in games where you are well behind 2/3-0 or when we're winning comfortably? Not saying i'm right just think that will be the case.

is he? very very talented but also the smallest lad in the team... i know you'll say messi isn't big but down in league one it's very very pyhsical! could he handle it? suppose that's one for LJ

No problem, we can develop him over the next few years then flog him to Barcelona to replace Messi.

• 2 weeks later...