Post Match: Oldham Athletic 1-0 Fleetwood Town

Exactly the conversation I had with our kid, that defence is only going to become more solid with the return of the President (copyright Rudemedic) and loads of pace up front. Suck them in then punch them on the nose.

I presume you from Oldham mate, we don't say our kid around here. Leave that for the Mancs

Absolutely chuffed with the result. Glad to hear Kelly is getting better and Poleon can only improve as well

Chadderton, news to me.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stattos:

Last time we own three on the bounce with clean sheets?

Strictly speaking it was August 2008

Dale (A) League Cup D0-0 but WON on pens

Leeds (A) W2-0

Cheltenham (H) W4-0

Before that?

November/December 2006 (6 wins on the trot the last four were clean sheets)

Bradford (H) W2-0

Hudds (A) W3-0

Kings Lynn (A) FAC W2-0

Crewe (H W1-0

I was critical of Johnson after Preston but after reflecting we have improved steadily from the second half at home to Vale. Hopefully there's much more to come and we will become more clinical. The new signings are improving every game and Winchester has been a revelation. Good to see Rachubka looking much sharper too.

Didn't particularly like Winchester on the left, would have preferred having a more natural left sided midfielder like Dayton on for Forte, but overall it was top yesterday.

If we'd taken our chances we'd have been 3-0 at half time. And big George gee'ing the crowd up at full time was a thing of beauty. There's a guy you want with you in the trenches.

Can't wait for the Gills game.

Thought we were excellent today.....solid at the back with more potency upfront than the back end of last season.

I really think that if we can get a target man who Poleon and Forte can play off we could have a real go this season, this would also give us a plan b as opposed to Philly.

I have 3 worries at the moment and to be honest I really am not being negative when I say this

Forte's injuries........need to keep him fit

Winchester.......clubs will be sniffing around if he has another half dozen games like he has been playing.....first thing Monday get a contract in front of him!

And my worst fear is that when Lockwood is fit LJ goes back and tries 3 at the back to accommodate him! The 4 we have a doing a grand job......please please please don't try and move Big George to LB

If he played all those games there in the Premier League I'm sure he'll manage in the 3rd division Edited by HarryBosch

Loving the pass to Poleon.

Yep, that took the confidence not to hoof it and the vision to see that a very new team mate would eat them up. I love how the first defender just gives up and heads for the box before he's got close. Dare I say it - is Poleon the fastest player we've had? Looking forward to seeing arguments for. Edited by leeslover

Wasn't saying he couldn't manage it, the point I'm making is don't break up the current partnership just to get Locky back in the team.

I also happen to think he is better where he is!

It'll be nice if we don't have to rush Lockwood back but, he was immense last season.

Wilson, Wilson, Lockwood, Elokobi could very easily be the most solid defence in League One.

And we've been missing Lockwood's goals.

Warhurst I'd imagine

I know I'm probably wrong (on the evidence of everyone else who was there) but I always remember Earle as being faster. I didn't see Peleon at full stretch as I was engaged in a gallant yet futile effort to buy savoury pastry products. He is certainly a lot quicker than JCH, Sidney, Davies, that dodgy chap and many others who were said to have pace. He's a lot quicker than Wayne Andrews, who dived a load of penalties and scored a fair few goals despite being :censored:

He is certainly a lot quicker than JCH, Sidney, Davies, that dodgy chap and many others who were said to have pace. He's a lot quicker than Wayne Andrews, who dived a load of penalties and scored a fair few goals despite being :censored:

I am not sure if he is quicker than Andrews, he is still the fastest player Ive seen (well accelleration really, from a standing start).

What impressed me on saturday was Poleons movement. He got 2 shots away when he had no right to get to the ball.

I am not sure if he is quicker than Andrews, he is still the fastest player Ive seen (well accelleration really, from a standing start).

What impressed me on saturday was Poleons movement. He got 2 shots away when he had no right to get to the ball.

Perhaps I can't get over the last time I saw Andrews in the flesh, waddling about on the wing for Palace. There was a player who didn't have a yard of pace in his head to compensate for slowing down.