attendancies

I hadn't realised until yesterday how far the sell-out had gone. Loads of proper south-east London accents to go with the inevitable Dulwich posho ones. Nice bar (even if it was understandably heaving). Loads of kids running about. (Under 12s always get in for nothing, and it's a fiver for teenagers.) The fans have also successfully campaigned against the club's involvement in the IDS work programme, whereby people are forced to work full time for the dole. I do wonder what clubs such as Oldham have gained from the sell-out and from ludicrous ground regulations and so on.

I was in Doncaster last week. I fancied a drink in the second half, so I smuggled a couple of miniature bottles of wine in. The stewards were glaring at me all half. So I've paid my £23, fancy a drink and am made to feel like I've smuggled booze into the :censored:ing school disco. The romance!

I'm still married to Oldham, but I'm planning a long-running, filthy affair with Dulwich after yesterday's getting-to-know-you knee trembler in the alleyway.

Feb 21st Dulwich (h) v The Met, Oldham (a) v Orient, which do you do?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn't realised until yesterday how far the sell-out had gone. Loads of proper south-east London accents to go with the inevitable Dulwich posho ones. Nice bar (even if it was understandably heaving). Loads of kids running about. (Under 12s always get in for nothing, and it's a fiver for teenagers.) The fans have also successfully campaigned against the club's involvement in the IDS work programme, whereby people are forced to work full time for the dole. I do wonder what clubs such as Oldham have gained from the sell-out and from ludicrous ground regulations and so on.

This love is different because it's ours; going against the grain - for the love of the game.

I started this thread to try to stimulate some ideas and opinions about attendencies and I think a few good points and ideas have been thrown up.

as far as wigan crowd numbers there is an easy lesson here , if you can find a multi millionaire owner to build a new ground with all the commercial facilities it feeds the on field team , bringing in better players and so on . its been proved by the partial success of wigan, Bolton , stoke ,Cardiff , Swansea etc .

also better facilities for the fans match day experience .

we seem to be a down hearted crowd too often .we do have two stands which are around 25 years old but have decent toilets , catering and now we can get a beer in both . a new stand which when complete will give us good income streams and revenue and a just about everything we could ask for on match days as fans.

I know simon corney would love to replace the main stand as well and although that is ambitious I really believe he will try .

we have the young guy , is it taylor ? , back on the board and with his expertise in finance it may happen one day .

best of all we have a really good young manager on a long contract . this guy is the real deal .

he has brought in young players like korey smith and jch , developed them and then replaced them .

to be honest that is exactly the type of manager and coaching we need at this club .

none of us like to see our favourite player leave but to be realistic if we don't sell we fold .

I hope everyone sees the start of better times NOW GET BEHIND YOUR CLUB .

I've got a feeling we'll have a good run towards the top this season and this will push us back to 5000+ home fans.

This will be when the club need to capitalise, but probably won't.

Never mind offering cheap tickets or other gimmicks when we're :censored: - play the long game and do it while we're good.

Miss out on a few grand & get 7 or 8 thousand in for a game or three while we're playing well and it could pay massive dividends back at full price.

I've got a feeling we'll have a good run towards the top this season and this will push us back to 5000+ home fans.

This will be when the club need to capitalise, but probably won't.

Never mind offering cheap tickets or other gimmicks when we're :censored: - play the long game and do it while we're good.

Miss out on a few grand & get 7 or 8 thousand in for a game or three while we're playing well and it could pay massive dividends back at full price.

I've been saying this for years. We always do the promos for the :censored:test games in the most miserable weather and we wonder why people don't come back. There will be spare seats for the games vs Coventry, Preston, Rochdale, Sheffield games that might have an atmosphere

I've been saying this for years. We always do the promos for the :censored:test games in the most miserable weather and we wonder why people don't come back. There will be spare seats for the games vs Coventry, Preston, Rochdale, Sheffield games that might have an atmosphere

Remember when it was two for a tenner years back vs Leyton Orient and it was a shocking game. Same for that £2 Carlisle game.

The match day experience is pretty bad at the Sportsdirect.com. Ground regulations are the same for everyone but most places do it better than us. Even MK Mongs allow people outside for a smoke at half-time.

But if you want a decent match day experience, you might want to try non-league football. 2856 watched Dulwich Hamlet in the Isthmian League yesterday. You can have a pint (and a fag if you like) standing by the touchline. You can even take your own in. You can nip out to Sainsburys at half-time for a scotch egg and a bottle of pop, or a packet of fags and some lagers. And it's £10 to get in. (Everyone I saw paid the regular admission price, even though it was pay-what-you-want day.)

Best chant of the day: we're the famous Dulwich Hamlet and we're off to Tuscany.

What's with the Che flags at Dulwich?

hamlet-wealdstone-nov-2013-20.jpg

I know not everyone will agree with me on this but I feel that regardless of the clubs on our doorstep between 5 and 6 thousand is what we should be getting for home games

I'm even more ignorant than that : I couldn't get my head around why, as founder members of the Premier League, we are now forced to play the likes of Fleetwood Town...

What's with the Che flags at Dulwich?

hamlet-wealdstone-nov-2013-20.jpg

There's a picture of Che Guevara by the turnstile and a communist fan faction (they reckon the lefty fan faction are a bunch of sell-outs). It's rare that you see the proper pie-and-mash-and-liquor south Londoners and the poshos rubbing shoulders. It was nice.

And they sing No Surrender...to the Tooting* scum.

*When the affair really gets going, I'll have to write "T**ting".

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

Spot on

Maybe in a fashionable corner in a London suburb, maybe not. I wouldn't know. However you'll often see other flags alongside Che flags at Clapham, United Glasgow, AFC, FCUM, St.Pauli, Cuidad de Murcia, Null Drei, Minsk, other fan-owned or social community clubs and so-on across the world, making a peaceful, positive statement for whatever it might be.

Another Football Is Possible.

BWTR92GIAAAAaET.jpg

Maybe in a fashionable corner in a London suburb, maybe not. I wouldn't know. However you'll often see other flags alongside Che flags at Clapham, United Glasgow, AFC, FCUM, St.Pauli, Cuidad de Murcia, Null Drei, Minsk, other fan-owned or social community clubs and so-on across the world, making a peaceful, positive statement for whatever it might be.

I'm not remotely interested in political debate on the subject but since when was Che Guevara recategorised as a pacifist?