Players who should be offered a contract extension

If contract extentions are offered and not taken up, then their value in January will be 1/3 to 1/2 the real value, and we lose out again.

It doesn't need to be public.

Edit: most negotiations take place behind closed doors. The club usually publicises a deal BEFORE it's signed to put pressure on the player.

Edited by blueatheart

Spent the game sat between the scout and Sean Jarvis in the Huddersfield directors area for the game (funnily enough the Bournemouth scout was sat directly in front of us....not that it helped!). Speak to Sean regularly but spent most of the game asking questions of the scout. He is still at the club and was impressed with Winchester in-particular for his ability to move the ball quickly.

They have made a number of enquiries for JCH since the end of last season and the general impression they got was that he wasn't going anywhere.

Edited by Simoncorneyisgod

Winchester

J. Wilson

Both, ASAP. Outstanding recent development from both of them that is being maintained on a very regular basis. Winchester especially has flourished beyond recognition. Pirouetting (I never thought running on his toes would ever be useful), running and passing forwards and generally becoming a successful trickster.

Why would they sign? In Winchester case, the club, (LJ's decision) have persevered with him when most supporters thought he should be heading for the exit, including me. In Wilsons case, we gave him a chance and a regular starting spot which he has grasped with both hands. And they both know that signing a contract as a 'thank you' will not stop them progressing to better things at 'any' time in the future.

Money is obviously tight and I would guess the club will be apprehensive about improving Forte's contract just now with his recurring injury niggles. This is a difficult one where risk needs to be carefully accessed. One for the paymaster.

Elokobi, is trickier still. In his case I would guess that he is on 'decent money' as an experienced/higher level signing. His impact with the fans has been remarkable, his enthusiasm infectious. Yesterday, he was shouting and clenching his fist at the pre-match handshake. In terms of strength of character he may well be top-dog in the dressing room as well as on the pitch. Certainly an extension would be in order because I think he loves us as much as we love him.

With the last two I believe waiting a couple of months would be prudent. Lets see if we can retain our recent momentum and put, maybe, a thousand on the gate. Then who knows?

It's hard with contracts to be honest because contracts are only signed to protect the player and protect the clubs as in getting a good fee for them once they are sold. I would offer them all contracts this afternoon if it was down to me but for players to sign it they generally want a release clause which isn't always agreed. To do it at such a good time as after three wins is better than doing it after defeats but if talks break down then this is often found out and reported on by supporters so it is very tricky. This could see good relationships dwindle and also make the manager not want to play them so it's a tough one but definitely want to keep all the players at the club