0738 - 1038

£19

Peterborough to Nottingham

1725 - 1833

£8

Nottingham to Manchester

1939 - 2132

£6

Now obviously this would mean an early start, but it gives you plenty of time to have a brekkie in Peterborough when you get there.

As for the way back, a nice little stop in Nottingham isn't the worst thing in the world, is it?

£33 return is pretty cheap....

• 3 weeks later...

£18 for what?

Sorry just seen this now there where singles a superoff peak return Manc to Notts is £26.40 and a super off peak return between Nottingham and Peterborough is £22.60 comes or if you want it even cheaper but havent booked.

for future reference

OK for those who travel to away games by train or those who just use trains often and like me look at splitting trains to save some cash this website gives some tips and basic prices. Link below gives an example showing how much to Bristol.

Some are big savings some are little, some you can still find better deals yourself

http://www.splityourticket.co.uk/travel/Manchester-Piccadilly-to-Bristol-Temple-Meads.aspx

• 3 months later...

Just noticed the normal 2 hour Manchester to London virgin isn't running the weekend of Orient. So its quite expensive, the cheapest i've found is 2 £10 singles From Manchester to MK and back. And a £21 return from MK to London... So £41 return in total. Anyone done any better?

Just noticed the normal 2 hour Manchester to London virgin isn't running the weekend of Orient. So its quite expensive, the cheapest i've found is 2 £10 singles From Manchester to MK and back. And a £21 return from MK to London... So £41 return in total. Anyone done any better?

30 pound return from leeds and about 14 pound to leeds. So not better i know a few fans doing it that way

30 pound return from leeds and about 14 pound to leeds. So not better i know a few fans doing it that way

28 quid singles from Bradford to kings cross tenner return Bradford mills hill.

Was going to stop over but travelodge prices have shot up..

Think I found £51, but you had to set off an hour ago.

Best I've found: -

Manchester to Euston - £40.50 (open return)

Euston to Gillingham - £25.90 (open return)

Total - £66.40 (open return)

Can anyone beat that?