Loan window

Just had a browse on the sheff Utd forum to see if there's any word over there about porter moving...

Somebody called "mendi" said its a done deal for him to move to us - now why does that name ring a bell...

I notice Porter isn't rated at all by them lot... But, they laughed when we signed Forte...

If LJ wants a striker and there's room in the budget, Corney will sanction it. Poleon doesn't look like he has enough just yet to be relied on to score goals, although he definitely looks to add in other areas. Philly can't score for love nor money at the minute but again adds in other areas.

We can't rely on Forte scoring every game especially with his injury. Get the striker in so we can push on and climb the table!!

LJ has stated in recent interviews that he has loan options and is in constant talks with agents and clubs with regards to player availablity, "we have plenty of plates spinning". was i think his phrase.

We are on a 3 match winning streak, defensivly sound and creating goalscoring chances.

If the RUMOUR is fact with regards to Ebanks Blake training with us LJ may just want keep looking from a far and his options open at the moment and hope that the Ebanks Blake deal comes off.

Like most fans though i feel we do need a powerfull target man someone who can be focal point of our forward play and for likes of Poleon, Forte & Philly to feed off and make things happen, one who scores goals whould be great to (if only Ian Marshall or Frankie Bunn were still available). :imnotworthy:

LJ has stated in recent interviews that he has loan options and is in constant talks with agents and clubs with regards to player availablity, "we have plenty of plates spinning". was i think his phrase.

We are on a 3 match winning streak, defensivly sound and creating goalscoring chances.

If the RUMOUR is fact with regards to Ebanks Blake training with us LJ may just want keep looking from a far and his options open at the moment and hope that the Ebanks Blake deal comes off.

Like most fans though i feel we do need a powerfull target man someone who can be focal point of our forward play and for likes of Poleon, Forte & Philly to feed off and make things happen, one who scores goals whould be great to (if only Ian Marshall or Frankie Bunn were still available). :imnotworthy:

I bet Frankie Bunn could still finish them at this level.

There's a quite a few Latics supporters that really don't want Porter at any price. The last thing we want is for one of our players to be booed.

Surely there must be an alternative lined up, I wouldnt boo any player wearing the shirt but why would you risk rocking the boat by bringing him in ? He isnt that great a player in any case is he ?

:censored: resting forte. We're only about 5 games into the god dam season. Get him playing and let's get some points on the board!

I don't think it's a case of him getting tired. It's more that his knee needs more recovery time, this would appear to be the reason he's only played the one Tuesday match thus far.

As for not signing Porter because we've won a couple...I would think both Corney and Johnson are wiser than that. The best time to strengthen is when you're strong; there is no panic and you can assess your squad more rationally.

If we sign a target man be it Blake, Porter or AN other, who gets left out? Forte could be rested, but if he's fit I only see Philly losing his place, although I think he would be a better option playing off a target man than Poleon, Poleon is better when it comes to looking for the through ball.