New performance analyst

Love to know what his job is.

Probably alot of number crunching, looking at things like

- Yards covered during the game

- Pass completition

- Shooting accuracy

- Tackles won

- chances created

It might uncover a few things which are not obvious to the naked eye.

Its abit like sports psychology some players will buy into it and see it as helping them, others won't be interested.

If it gets abit more out of those who do pay attention to it then it might convert a few 0-0's into 1-0s over the course of the season.

I'm reading a book at the moment on british cycling Bradley Wiggins was keen to findout all the stats on his race to help him improve, where Mark Cavendish was less interested in the numbers and just trying to win races, Both have had success.

- Pass completition

- Shooting accuracy

- Tackles won

- chances created

Its abit like sports psychology some players will buy into it and see it as helping them, others won't be interested.

If it gets abit more out of those who do pay attention to it then it might convert a few 0-0's into 1-0s over the course of the season.

I'm reading a book at the moment on british cycling Bradley Wiggins was keen to findout all the stats on his race to help him improve, where Mark Cavendish was less interested in the numbers and just trying to win races, Both have had success.

The cycling makes some sense, time trials and track events involve keeping your body right on the line for long periods, so the science is crucial. Sprint finishing is more about tactics then peddling like :censored:.

- Pass completition

- Shooting accuracy

- Tackles won

- chances created

How did big Joe manage without all these facts at his disposal?

Because no one else was doing it. Then someone did and it gave them an advantage, so others followed suit. It's called evolution.

For your information deep analysis was done in those days, but scouts were used, I doubt though big Joe would have worried too much about the opposition.

How did big Joe manage without all these facts at his disposal?

Imagine how good he could have been had he done? Could Joe have got more out of players if he had had this kind of person at his disposal?

It would be wrong to dismiss this type of thing as all the top clubs will likely have one in fact you would imagine all the top sporting coaches in the world will likely use some kind of performance analysts.

Like I said it might not work for all the players and it won't solve all our problems but it might get a bit extra out of a few players, which could be worth a few extra points come the end of the season.

Who knows it might convince LJ to push his central midfielders further forward "But I could of told him that" true but perhaps it's not the message it's the delivery. If the performance analyst comes to him at the end of a defeat and says our centre midfielders didn't touch the ball in the opposition box then he might be more likely to change his mind.

Imagine how good he could have been had he done? Could Joe have got more out of players if he had had this kind of person at his disposal?

It would be wrong to dismiss this type of thing as all the top clubs will likely have one in fact you would imagine all the top sporting coaches in the world will likely use some kind of performance analysts.

Like I said it might not work for all the players and it won't solve all our problems but it might get a bit extra out of a few players, which could be worth a few extra points come the end of the season.

Who knows it might convince LJ to push his central midfielders further forward "But I could of told him that" true but perhaps it's not the message it's the delivery. If the performance analyst comes to him at the end of a defeat and says our centre midfielders didn't touch the ball in the opposition box then he might be more likely to change his mind.

I should imagine big Joe's team talk would be "get the ball to Rick Holden and Andy Ritchie and take it from there".