Latics villains, anti-heroes, nemeses & those you're supposed to hate but have a grudging respect for?

Chris Moore is the biggest bastard in the history of this club.

Mark Ward is a bit of an anti-hero. Great player, but with a dark side. Same with Darren McDonough.

Keith Edwards and Mark Hughes still make my blood run cold.

Alex Ferguson is a miserable :censored:, but he was enormously successful.

Aside from those already mentioned, hate:

Ian Wright

Lee Dixon

Karl Robinson

Respect: Le Tiss and Waddle, both tried to confirm our relegation single-handedly both failed.

I really hate Karl Robinson and do not have an ounce of respect for the man.

A terrible human being who gets labelled as a great manager basically because he is young but when you analyse what he has done he has taken a club with a massive budget nowhere.

#typicalscouser

It was very satisfying when he was sent off at BP against Liverpool, in the penultimhate game of the 'Great Escape' season.

Are you sure?

I thought he had gone from Liverpool well before then and never played against us in red.

He was sent of against us for Tranmere the year we went down I think. Stamped on Craig Fleming in 2-2 draw, we got smashed in the replay. He kicked a door in for good measure.

Incidentaly big Joe was given the opportunity to sign him before he went to Tranmere. He had just left Real Betis but Joe thought he was to old and turned him down. He went to the bin dippers and bagged for fun 1 level below for the most part. I wonder how many he could have bagged for us.

Edited by palmer1

Are you sure?

I thought he had gone from Liverpool well before then and never played against us in red.

He was sent of against us for Tranmere the year we went down I think. Stamped on Craig Fleming in 2-2 draw, we got smashed in the replay. He kicked a door in for good measure.

Incidentaly big Joe was given the opportunity to sign him before he went to Tranmere. He had just left Real Betis but Joe thought he was to old and turned him down. He went to the bin dippers and bagged for fun 1 level below for the most part. I wonder how many he could have bagged for us.

It was the Great Escape season when Tranmere drew 2-2 with us in the FA Cup. I think they smashed us in the league cup the season we went down. To me, Tranmere Rovers themselves have been the arch-nemesis for us since then.

That Tranmere game when he got sent off was my first ever match.

I remember that Tranmere team always used to beat us, Chris Malkin was another one who used to always bag against us.

In terms of referees one which sticks out for me was Ian Williamson. He referred that match against Peterborough where he gave them two penalties and didn't punish one of their players for the most blatant assault on Daniel Jones for us. Then he went on to ref 3 further games and give 3 disputable penalties against us.

Moore, Warnock, Megson, Fergie, Steve Evans etc, we hate them because they have a drive to win at all costs. Something I feel is sometimes lacking at our club. Apart from Moore, Dowie was another who had this mentality, opposition fans hated us when he was our manager because he knew how to win the scrappy games.