Connor Wilkinson Signs

so he's coming here to play the last ten minutes of every game just like Smith?

Seriously though that's where he should start tomorrow assuming everyone is fit. It Would be harsh to drop anyone after a 3 match winning run. It would send the wrong message to the rest of the squad.

That said perhaps this maybe a sign forte may not be fit for tomorrow.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Seriously though that's where he should start tomorrow assuming everyone is fit. It Would be harsh to drop anyone after a 3 match winning run. It would send the wrong message to the rest of the squad.

That said perhaps this maybe a sign forte may not be fit for tomorrow.

If Forte isn't fit maybe Poleon will move to the left wing ?

If Forte isn't fit maybe Poleon will move to the left wing ?

The most likely situation

Or another option would be to play 3 up top with poleon playing left Philly right and wilkinson as the spearhead. I did at times think we were playing that last Saturday with a front 3 of poleon Philly and forte.

Text from a Bolton supporting mate who says he's Boltons most promising young striker and needs game time if we want him for longer than a month we will likely get him.

Bolton supporting mate of mine has been incandescant about their lack of striking options all season. Seems they collect defensive midfielders ( from Palace ) more than us....Anyway, when this broke I was straight on and he was praising us but forlorn with Dougie. It seems the Wanderers fans rate him very highly and wanted him to take the step up. Says he runs like Van Persie but for us not think that he is Van Persie!

Was talking earlier to bloke whose son plays alongside Wilkinson for Bolton, said doesn't really rate him and said he's not a patch on Tom Eaves. Hoping he's wrong!!

That's very honest of him since dads usually wear rose tinted specs when discussing their sons....anyway, did he say anything about Wilkinson?

That's very honest of him since dads usually wear rose tinted specs when discussing their sons....anyway, did he say anything about Wilkinson?

So...it's either:

This bloke doesn't rate Wilkinson

Or This bloke doesn't rate his own son

Or This bloke's son doesn't rate Wilkinson

Either way I'll wait to see what this lad has to offer when he comes off the bench today...

Edited by TheBigDog

Was talking earlier to bloke whose son plays alongside Wilkinson for Bolton, said doesn't really rate him and said he's not a patch on Tom Eaves. Hoping he's wrong!!

You are not going to get the finished product from a big centre forward aged 19.

In my experience it can be in their middle /late 20s before they mature (Matt Smith is an example).

Even so, this is a good signing as LJ has taken him for a month to bring something different to the team, and will take it from there.