FA CUP Qualifying

Still two more rounds before we come into it. However still a good number of local non League sides left in the competition.

FA Cup draw for Tameside clubs. Ashton Utd v Salford City,

Curzon Ashton v Scarborough or Ashington,

Hyde v Marine,

Droylsden v Guiseley,

Sheldon or Whitby v Stalybridge.

Harrogate Town v Stockport County

FC United Of Manchester v Lancaster City
Rest of the ties on the link below personally myself hopefully draw a Non League team we not really heard of or not likely to play again. Conference sides enter the 4th round

http://www.thefa.com/news/the-fa-cup/2014/sep/fa-cup-2q-draw

Edited by oafctom

Still two more rounds before we come into it. However still a good number of local non League sides left in the competition.

FA Cup draw for Tameside clubs. Ashton Utd v Salford City,

Curzon Ashton v Scarborough or Ashington,

Hyde v Marine,

Droylsden v Guiseley,

Sheldon or Whitby v Stalybridge.

Harrogate Town v Stockport County

FC United Of Manchester v Lancaster City

Rest of the ties on the link below personally myself hopefully draw a Non League team we not really heard of or not likely to play again. Conference sides enter the 4th round

http://www.thefa.com/news/the-fa-cup/2014/sep/fa-cup-2q-draw

Does any other borough have such a wealth of non league clubs as Tameside? Add Mossley to the above and that makes six. I can't think of anywhere else?

Personally, i'd like Stalybridge Celtic.

Does any other borough have such a wealth of non league clubs as Tameside? Add Mossley to the above and that makes six. I can't think of anywhere else?

Personally, i'd like Stalybridge Celtic.

Droylsden v Guiseley should be a cracker, Droylsden are scoring goals for fun and although Guiseley are two leagues higher my money is on Droylsden.

Incidentally, the Droylsden goalkeeper Russ Saunders has impressed me whenever I've seen him, about 6' 2", very good at collecting crosses and on one to ones, with excellent distribution to set up attacks. It wouldn't surprise me to see him end up at a football league club.

If we get Manchester Dons I hope it doesn't clash with Manchester United on Sky or they'll have a :censored: turnout like they did yesterday.

Cables had two more than I expected.

Seriously though if you live in Manchester or beyond, Bower Fold is an absolute arsehole to get to and from - although get to the first round proper and they'll all come out to watch - same with any other club.

I would love FC united away..

"Hey Ho the lights are flashing

let's all go Commie Bashing"

You might be a bit disappointed with your search. I suggest squaring up to a bigger club, for a bit of a challenge.

Did I say challenge? I meant a good hiding.

Cables had two more than I expected.

Seriously though Bower Fold is an absolute arsehole to get to and from

This was duly noted. Not a bad little ground but in a stupid place, pitch looked rough as well, it will be a potato field come Christmas.

Have to say I found the whole FCUM experience rather less than I expected (although obviously I see that as a good thing). I was expecting a hammering against a Cables side who lost their entire team in the Summer, the mini-Mancs were obviously much better organised at the back which made them fairly comfortable but no real flair. Singing was fairly sparse and sometimes cringe-inducing ("FC," doesn't fit in place of, "Man," they haven't won 20 titles, Kenny Dalgleish probably doesn't care what they think about him). Fans a curious mixture of hipsters and cunty old twats that could be found in any taproom of a grim pub of a Saturday afternoon. No men kissing, maybe 2 none white faces out of 1001 - 21 Cables. It wouldn't surprise me if they peak before having to decide whether to accept League status.

I tried to steal some sweets from the tuck shop but th3y were watching too closely.

Edited by leeslover

This was duly noted. Not a bad little ground but in a stupid place, pitch looked rough as well, it will be a potato field come Christmas.

Have to say I found the whole FCUM experience rather less than I expected (although obviously I see that as a good thing). I was expecting a hammering against a Cables side who lost their entire team in the Summer, the mini-Mancs were obviously much better organised at the back which made them fairly comfortable but no real flair. Singing was fairly sparse and sometimes cringe-inducing ("FC," doesn't fit in place of, "Man," they haven't won 20 titles, Kenny Dalgleish probably doesn't care what they think about him). Fans a curious mixture of hipsters and cunty old twats that could be found in any taproom of a grim pub of a Saturday afternoon. No men kissing, maybe 2 none white faces out of 1001 - 21 Cables. It wouldn't surprise me if they peak before having to decide whether to accept League status.

I tried to steal some sweets from the tuck shop but th3y were watching too closely.

Lacklustre season so far tbh - Andy Welsh from Scunthorpe United is a decent addition, plus - and with a due respect to Cables - it's wasn't an inspiring tie. Fan demographic is about right, and to be fair - we could say the same of Cables support with token hipster orange away flag crew and geriatric Jordanian (?) flag man.

I trust the fact you haven't mentioned it means that they WERE divvying up to make sure everyone earns the same?

Lacklustre season so far tbh - Andy Welsh from Scunthorpe United is a decent addition, plus - and with a due respect to Cables - it's wasn't an inspiring tie. Fan demographic is about right, and to be fair - we could say the same of Cables support with token hipster orange away flag crew and geriatric Jordanian (?) flag man.

Are people allowed to support you if they haven't got another/other team(s)?

I don't know if he was a hipster of just doesn't own a razor. It was a Palestine flag. Re: demographics I don't think there many black people in Prescott and they would struggle to attract many from the city, there are loads in traditional Manchester United territory.

Fan demographic is about right, and to be fair - we could say the same of Cables support with token hipster orange away flag crew and geriatric Jordanian (?) flag man.

I'm pretty sure it was a kid with the Palestinian flag. Sadly the drummer/bugle player was ill and couldn't make it.

I'm pretty sure it was a kid with the Palestinian flag. Sadly the drummer/bugle player was ill and couldn't make it.

Ah Palestine, makes more sense - peepers aren't what they used to be, mind. Shame about the multifaceted fan, it would have been a joy to behold.