What was the line up for your first ever Latics match?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luton Town 2-1 14th Sept 1991

Marshall put us 1-0 up with a sneaky header, only for Mick Harford to score x2 in the last minute, the winner being an overhead kick...........gutted.........!

I can't remember the line ups in 1959, but they always seemed to lose 1-0 at home.

Peter Phoenix and Kenny Chaytor spring to mind

I was at this match though, note the day of the week and strange kick off time before they had floodlights.

http://oldhamprogrammes.co.uk/view_prog.php?progID=43368

Whatever happened to the Cafe Monico?

http://nwfootballmemorabilia.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=6234

Edited by BP1960

Think mine was around 99/00. 6 of us from Failsworth who were United fans aged 14/15 went to a couple of games that season. All I can remember is a strikeforce of Mark Allott and Craig Dudley and Lomana Tresor Lua Lua ripping us a new one for Colchester and Sam Allardyce managing Notts County.

The players used to come out to Planet Perfecto - Bullet In The Gun. Looking back I think that was my primary reason for going as the Allott/Dudley strikeforce wasn't the greatest to watch!

Also explains why the following season I was the only one left still going.

1984-85 FA Cup 3rd round vs Brentford we won 2-1 and I haven't got a clue what the team was......I was in the Lookers Paddock with a free ticket given to the school, most of my peers were playing tig running up and down the terracing I was stood transfixed by the sights and sounds before me.....I pestered my Dad so much that he agreed to take me again and so a fan was born!

my first game was a freindly against city pre season 73 think it was Jimmy Frizzels testamonial can anyone confirm

Yes if it was Frizz's testimonial , it was played April 9th 1973- so towards the end of the season. City won 4-1

But we also played them in the pre-season following - Aug 11 1973 - and drew 2-2

Yes if it was Frizz's testimonial , it was played April 9th 1973- so towards the end of the season. City won 4-1

But we also played them in the pre-season following - Aug 11 1973 - and drew 2-2

ta pete think it may of been the later of the two as it was a delayed birthday present so the dates would fit can remember Colin Bell playing for city as he was the only one on the field i had ever heard of

Would help if somebody with old programmes could scan in the fixtures/line up pages.

My first game was Crystal Palace in 82/83, team definitely included Palmer, Wylde (scorer)

and Goram (penalty save).

Team was

Goram

Sinclair

Ryan

Clements

Hoolickin

Wylde

Atkinson

McDonough

Bowden

Palmer

Won 2-0 , Palmer and Wylde scorers

Roger Palmer testimonal was mine. vaguely remember standing in the paddock.

Ha!!

Ditto.

Clinging onto the mesh of the fence of the Lookers paddock.

I can't remember much of it, but 1 thing sticks in my mind. Colin Hendry putting 3 successive balls over and out of the ground via the main stand roof from 3 successive thrown-ins...to cries of "donkey" from Latics fans.

I was hooked after that.

The team that day was:

Ogden

Wood

Whittle

Blair

Hicks

Bailey

McVitie

Garwood

Lochhead

Robins

Groves

Sub: Jones

Some side that. Remember it better than the Gillingham game last week! Whittle and Groves would take some beating as a left side combo despite our strength there over the years (Ryan / Atkinson and Barlow / Holden for example)

Some side that. Remember it better than the Gillingham game last week! Whittle and Groves would take some beating as a left side combo despite our strength there over the years (Ryan / Atkinson and Barlow / Holden for example)

Pretty much spot on ! Nov 14 th 1970, Latics 4 Lincoln 2

Dowd

Wood

Whittle

McNeil

Cranston

Bowie

Bebbington

Shaw

Fryatt

Hartle

Bryceland

Fryatt 3, Bryceland the scorers

9688 crowd

Mine was 1970 too at home to Chesterfield who won the league.Think we won 1-0 with Jim Fryatt the scorer ?

West Brom 3 Oldham 1 19th Nov 1994

Can't find the lineups so if anyone could help then that would be great!

The only things I remember are:

Thinking that the Hawthorns was HUGE!

Being in the main stand and not seeing any of the West Brom goals because everyone stood up seconds before it happened.

Being in the main stand and not seeing any of the West Brom goals because everyone stood up seconds before it happened.

"Where's your royle gone?" - bastards.

Gunnar scored a penalty.

Your first game was away? Proper Gillingham away material that.

The Latics team was

Gerard

Makin

Pointon

Henry

Jobson

Redmond

Halle

Graham

McCarthy

Ritchie

Brennan

Banger came on as sub for Ritchie

It was the last match in a nine ( league and league cup) game run of not winning, the next week we beat Bristol City 2-0 - the first game for my three year old son :-)

Edited by LaticsPete