Swindon Town 2-2 Oldham Athletic

think that's 2 defeats in 17 league games . I know full well that the 10 games end of last season have gone but it shows the manager is getting his message thro to the players . if we carry on like this we might start to dream of better times. I love it . come on my blues .

Cracking away point that against a good side, showed character and spirit to come back from behind to rescue a point, sounded like a great game from the LP commentary we seemed to have a lot of the ball, Winchester particularly, roll on Saturday let's keep this momentum going and Ebanks Blake to sign in 48 hours according to GMR

Swindon have a very impressive home record, and have done for some time, so it's a good result for sure.

A win at County on Saturday and :censored: gets real.

Hope SEB does sign, as that would mean we then have: -

Sylvain Ebanks-Blake

Dominic Poleon

Danny Philliskirk

Jonathan Forte

...as our striking options. There's a lot, lot worse striking options that than in our league. Wilkinson will probably go back after his month loan, unless he impresses massively in the next few games, and Turner could well go out on loan to get some match experience.

Things are looking up for Oldham. It's been a bloody long time sinve we've been able to say that and mean it.

Great point, great performance, 2 new goal-scorers so hopefully we can start to share them around......SC was there as well so nice to play well! Let's get a big following on Saturday and show the boys we are right behind em

I'm getting a great feeling about this especially when you look at the results tonight......Bristol City apart they are all there for the taking

From a Swindon forum board-

Like to say we were poor, but that would do a disservice to Oldham who I thought were impressive.

Outplayed us for much of the 2nd half and were unlucky not to take all 3 points - they will upset plenty of sides this season.

Lots of misplaced passes from us and apart from Williams' fantastic strike I cant remember a shot or chance.

See it as a point gained TBH

Another Swindon fan-

Having a cider in the GW waiting for my train home.

I thought Oldham were much better than I thought they were going to be, worked bloody hard and never gave us time on the ball, hence why Luongo and (to a lesser extent) Yaser seemed to not dominate as much.

They scored from an absolute worldly from 30 yards and we equalised from a scrappy goal from a corner from Obika.

Second half Oldham possibly had more possession than us, well it seemed like they did.
We broke and whilst I was baying for Williams to square to Obika, he decided to blast it into the top corner! A couple of minutes later and Oldham had a free kick which we defended very badly and they scored from, scrappy again!

Overall a draw fair, Oldham looked a good side. Brad smith (again) looks the weak link for us and turnbull wasn't as strong as he has been. Unfortunately George barker looks a better bet at lb at the moment, although he ruined his moment in the lights by tripping over his feet!! Byrne mom for his first half showing I guess.

Cracking away point that against a good side, showed character and spirit to come back from behind to rescue a point, sounded like a great game from the LP commentary we seemed to have a lot of the ball, Winchester particularly, roll on Saturday let's keep this momentum going and Ebanks Blake to sign in 48 hours according to GMR

Just got back - great team effort. We closed down and defended from the front; not a single bad performance and two worldies (one for their no 10 unfortunately...). Wilkinson made a huge difference to our style of play when he came on and a deserved point against a decent side.

Great noise from the 238 Latics fans too.

Just got back - great team effort. We closed down and defended from the front; not a single bad performance and two worldies (one for their no 10 unfortunately...). Wilkinson made a huge difference to our style of play when he came on and a deserved point against a decent side.

Great noise from the 238 Latics fans too.

Would be interested in more about how Wilkinson changed it?

Another Swindon fan-

Having a cider in the GW waiting for my train home.

I thought Oldham were much better than I thought they were going to be, worked bloody hard and never gave us time on the ball, hence why Luongo and (to a lesser extent) Yaser seemed to not dominate as much.

They scored from an absolute worldly from 30 yards and we equalised from a scrappy goal from a corner from Obika.

Second half Oldham possibly had more possession than us, well it seemed like they did.

We broke and whilst I was baying for Williams to square to Obika, he decided to blast it into the top corner! A couple of minutes later and Oldham had a free kick which we defended very badly and they scored from, scrappy again!

Overall a draw fair, Oldham looked a good side.

That's pretty much accurate. Swindon played with more more natural width than we did, and whilst we worked really hard and harried them all over the pitch, and probably created the better chances, when they got going they did look the neater side.

A point is a fair result, but could easily have gone either way.