Mellor out on a months loan to Alfreton

How long have we got him contracted for, he's definitely showed that there's a decent player in there somewhere let's hope he blossoms like Winchester has

Would of liked him to see him loaned out to a league 2 side thou

If Bove & Turner arnt going to get starts they need to be loaned out aswell

Mellor could play:

Telford (h) W 3-2
Nuneaton (h)
Dover (a)
Halifax (h)
Aldershot (a)
Gateshead (a)
Torquay (h)

Good little loan out for him. As with his potential career, it's all about his attitude how he does now. He has the talent.

Edited by Simpo

I think - think - there's potential with Mellor.

I think there's a decent lower league player there.

He's had chances though, more than most of the 'youth' have - and hasnt nailed a spot down in any of the positions he's been played in.

Maybe that's part of the problem though, he's beem used at LB, CB, CM, DCM, LM...

A decent loan spell could be the making of him. He comes back full of confidence and pushes for , then wins a 1st team spot.

Or, it could be a sign of the level he's destined to be playing at next year...

I think - think - there's potential with Mellor.

I think there's a decent lower league player there.

He's had chances though, more than most of the 'youth' have - and hasnt nailed a spot down in any of the positions he's been played in.

Maybe that's part of the problem though, he's beem used at LB, CB, CM, DCM, LM...

A decent loan spell could be the making of him. He comes back full of confidence and pushes for , then wins a 1st team spot.

Or, it could be a sign of the level he's destined to be playing at next year...

He played great when Johnson first took over and played CM with Korey Smith, but then Johnson decided to play him at CB and LB which must of dented his confidence quite alot. He needs a run of games in midfield to get his confidence back as he has the ability to make it.

If Mellor could do on the left, what Winny is doing on the right, we'd have the start of a great team.

agreed. I see this as his best position. not mobile enough to play centrally. However with him on the left and Winny on the right both would naturally drift inside leaving full backs exposed. Potentially.

He played great when Johnson first took over and played CM with Korey Smith, but then Johnson decided to play him at CB and LB which must of dented his confidence quite alot. He needs a run of games in midfield to get his confidence back as he has the ability to make it.

My overridding feeling is he is just too slow to play CM.

As i say above, I think there's potential, in terms of his ability with the ball.

I just think he'd too 1 paced, he doesn't have a gear up; nothing in terms if acceleration.

It was why he was targeted and exposed at LB and CB.

Maybe he does have a shot as a CM player? He's had chances there though, and every manager has played him, then dropped him in favour of other options. Rightly or wrongly, he's not there yet. Will he get there? Don't know, this loan could be make or break

Picks a pass, decent shot, good in a tackle, takes a good free kick....

But the some of his parts dont add up to a great player. Why is it? Pace and imo a lack of confidence.

Hopefully the loan will help withthe latter

agreed. I see this as his best position. not mobile enough to play centrally. However with him on the left and Winny on the right both would naturally drift inside leaving full backs exposed. Potentially.

He was very mobile for that run he did against MK Dons on TV that time.

I think he could be the attacking midfielder BP1960 wants.

Strong, can run at & past defenders, good eye for a pass, wand of a left foot, got a goal in him........

Less responsibility/pressure than LB, CB or centre midfield, if that's an issue....

He was very mobile for that run he did against MK Dons on TV that time.

I think he could be the attacking midfielder BP1960 wants.

Strong, can run at & past defenders, good eye for a pass, wand of a left foot, got a goal in him........

Less responsibility/pressure than LB, CB or centre midfield, if that's an issue....

Absolute nonsense, sorry.

Mellor is never the player you're wishing for, there.

Bollocks. Mellor has had more than enough chances. Not good enough. As someone has previously stated, he's found his level...

tarkowski had played 40+ games with around 25-30 of them starts before you noticed his talent, so im willing to wait with mellor aswell...