Best goal scored by a Latics player.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe that no one has put Redrearn's pen against Sheff Weds what a game that was and to crown the title with the last kick of the game.

Won't ever win a goal of the season competition but christ what a day and what a way to end a season. The best ever game i have been to and we were Champions!!!!

I'm getting goosebumps just sat here thinking about it.

Can't believe that no one has put Redrearn's pen against Sheff Weds what a game that was and to crown the title with the last kick of the game.

Won't ever win a goal of the season competition but christ what a day and what a way to end a season. The best ever game i have been to and we were Champions!!!!

Is that the best goal, Id say its more the greatest goal. I think getting back on topic the OP was talking about the best goal in terms of skill & wow factor, not significance.

I remember someone scoring an absolutely worldy at BP, only for it to be disallowed due to a striker straying offside even though he wasnt involved. Could have been last minute. Anyone know what Im on about?

i did but deleted. Not sure whether is is a great goals thread or goals that marked great moments.

Adam Griffin vs Grimsby in the Celebration Sunday 6-0 win. Overhead kick from a tight angle. Lovely stuff.

Edit: I just found it on YouTube; it wasn't as good as I remember, happy memories though.

I loved that goal. Was just as I started following Latics. It's bizarre technique the way he scores!

Ian Marshall's thunderbolt to beat Notts County.

Roger Palmer's lobbed hat trick goal at Maine Road

Mike Quinn lobbing Alex Williams in 2-2 draw with City ......the only game of football I have ever attended and was worried about getting out alive.

Brian Kilcline's thunderbolt at Elland Road , giving the keeper(Jon Hallworth) no chance ...oops.

Alan Groves diving header v hereford in think 74/75

Bobby Moore OG v Fulham stonking header

Darren Mcdonagh away at Norwich another stonking header from well outside the box 1981

Rick Holden v Westham st Valentines day massaker thats when i knew we were going to wembley

Marshals thunderbolt v notts county

Ian Marshall V Notts County in the 91/92 season. We were at home and won 4-3 ball came out to him from about 30 yards and I don't think I've ever seen anyone hit the ball so hard, in fact I reckon the ball is still travelling right now!

That was very special. I nearly passed out with over excitement! On the fence going absolutley ape. Even my mother spotted my rather deep purple jacket on the telly. Pity for the thousands locked out. Barlow's nearly killed us on the trip home thanks to a blow-out. Got back early morning, but nobody cared.

I can't argue with any of the choices on here. But i still have two other special moments. The first was when Roger broke the goals record at Brimingham. The other goes back to the 1970s. Simon Stainrod against Preston. Great run from the halway line. It was disallowed, so he did it again! Happy days.

Palmer broke the record against Ipswich on a freezing cold Tuesday night, didn't he? 4-0?

That was very special. I nearly passed out with over excitement! On the fence going absolutley ape. Even my mother spotted my rather deep purple jacket on the telly. Pity for the thousands locked out. Barlow's nearly killed us on the trip home thanks to a blow-out. Got back early morning, but nobody cared.

I can't argue with any of the choices on here. But i still have two other special moments. The first was when Roger broke the goals record at Brimingham. The other goes back to the 1970s. Simon Stainrod against Preston. Great run from the halway line. It was disallowed, so he did it again! Happy days.[/quote

My favourite too was Stainrod's against Preston,forgot about the one disallowed as well, the sheer arrogance was brilliant,his goal on debut away at Blackburn was special as well.Adam Griffin's goal against Grimsby was so good because it was so unexpected