Best goal scored by a Latics player.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We score some great goals in the fog.

I'm going to be giddy next time it's foggy on a match day.

Then again, is it ever foggy any more?

Has fog gone the way of white dog:censored:?

It was really foggy when we played at Prenton Park in the Dave Penney season. Couldn't see the other end of the pitch. Wished I couldn't see any of it, it was a :censored:ing dreadful game.

Another vote for Marshy v Notts County

https://m.youtube.com/watch?index=55&v=p9Oy0KQ10UY&list=PL6D7AE042EE340B04

All goals from 5m 28s.

Oh. My. God. Have you seen this fellas videos? ALL the goals from the 1991-92 season. I'm going to get :censored: all done for the rest of the year now. Thanks.

1:21 - "And Kinnear had taken the Dons players to a strip show when he became manager to lift team spirits. Novel, I know..." I wish commentators slipped this sort of :censored: in more often these days.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Some of these bring back great memories - one that hasn't been mentioned I don't think is Stainrods goal at Blackburn on his debut - beat the Blackburn defence on the by-line and then scored from an impossible angle. Marshalls goal v Notts County was probably the hardest shot I've ever seen live - seem to remember he said he hit it so hard cos he was angry - had we just conceded a late equliser ?

Some of these bring back great memories - one that hasn't been mentioned I don't think is Stainrods goal at Blackburn on his debut - beat the Blackburn defence on the by-line and then scored from an impossible angle. Marshalls goal v Notts County was probably the hardest shot I've ever seen live - seem to remember he said he hit it so hard cos he was angry - had we just conceded a late equliser ?[/quote

I suggested Stainrod's goal on his debut

Bert Lister scored around 100 goals for the Latics, but I can't remember any best goals..they all seemed to be bundled in from 6 yards..we could do with a Bert Lister style player now.

True but I do remember Bert netting a cracker from outside the box.. Against Liverpool at BP in 62, sadly ruled out due to a linesman's flag. The linesmen did us no favours in that match Liverpool being awarded a goal for a shot that hit the bar and clearly landed on the line.

Edited by rictic

Some of these bring back great memories - one that hasn't been mentioned I don't think is Stainrods goal at Blackburn on his debut - beat the Blackburn defence on the by-line and then scored from an impossible angle. Marshalls goal v Notts County was probably the hardest shot I've ever seen live - seem to remember he said he hit it so hard cos he was angry - had we just conceded a late equliser ?[/quote

I suggested Stainrod's goal on his debut

Some of these bring back great memories - one that hasn't been mentioned I don't think is Stainrods goal at Blackburn on his debut - beat the Blackburn defence on the by-line and then scored from an impossible angle. Marshalls goal v Notts County was probably the hardest shot I've ever seen live - seem to remember he said he hit it so hard cos he was angry - had we just conceded a late equliser ?[/quoteI suggested Stainrod's goal on his debut

Funny looking back I've been watching Latics for over 40 years and 2 of the 3 best goals I've seen were scored by Simon Stainrod,his debut against Blackburn away (1979?)and home against Preston (the following year?) If only we had a player like him now crowds surely crowds would come back to BP.The other best goal was Adam Griffin's on Celebration Sunday

Funny looking back I've been watching Latics for over 40 years and 2 of the 3 best goals I've seen were scored by Simon Stainrod,his debut against Blackburn away (1979?)and home against Preston (the following year?) If only we had a player like him now crowds surely crowds would come back to BP.The other best goal was Adam Griffin's on Celebration Sunday

Co-incidentally Adam Griffin has just scored one for Altrincham in their 3-3 draw last weekend.They reckon it could be the goal of the season in their league.

Just seen it on Alty TV.it's a cracking volley but not like the one for Oldham.

Edited by alwaysblue

nearly missed the debut goal dads broke down in rochdale on the way there got into the ground just before halftime had just taken our seat and bang he scored

• 6 months later...