• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

practising corners this week?

why did philliskirk get benched?

6 games unbeaten but need a win next game

need a goalscorer, massively

The number of times Latics have no one beyond the far post at corners and the ball drifts into touch is remarkable, surely LJ and his video analyst must have noticed this?

Edited by BP1960

13 shots to ther 4, 14 corners to 5 and 53% of play......progress being made but if our goal famine continues we will not challenge the top 6.

An experienced goal scorer is an absolute must to turn what appears to be the best side we've had in a while into promotion contenders.

As good as we have played we are still only on course for about 56 points!

The reason we are pickig up draws instead if wins when dominating......forward experience

What's the average age if our strikers? 19?

Wilkinson is a good prospect but we need an old head up there. We need someone in soon while the defence is solid. We are very close to a good side that could push up the league but we can't wait until our form turns to bring that player in.

It's easier to chop and change forward players in a settled side than it is defenders or midfielders. We seem to be building a team that is hard to beat and one that is flying under the radar which at this stage is fine by me.

The last 19 league games have shown just how competent a manager LJ is, meaning that we have a firm foundation to build from. This is the most stable place that the club has been in for a long time.

Lets face it here. As the table goes now, and going off the opponents we've faced, were a clinical striker away from the top 3

I agree, lets not forget that 3 consecutive draws is the same as winning once and losing twice.

Can't help think that this could be the season to throw a bit of caution to the wind and spend a good bit of money on a quality striker rather than scrimping and scraping.

the manager is trying to bring in a striker , we put in a bid which was accepted, the man gets an injury , other clubs now in for him .

some people on here seem to think the manager is not aware we could do with a goal scorer . he knows !

someone else wants to know what tommy wright is doing . working hard I would suggest .

we are in a good place as a club with the right management team , lets be grateful and back them .

663 very noisy Latics fans.

A very good performance. But, despite thinking we'd get one, no goal.

I was puzzled by the Wilkinson selection. I was more puzzled about how he stayed on when the subs came. But somewhere either side of 80 minutes of cluelessness where he looked more out of his depth than you could ever imagine a rookie footballer he produced our two best moments.

A first half run into the box from the right where he beat a man and went down as he went past a second outstretched leg, only to get booked for simulation, and a late burst of speed ending in a low drive from the edge of the box being pushed away by County keeper Roy Carroll.

While there was a lot of good stuff we were often wasteful with numerous corners, Jones in particular guilty of failing to clear the first man or :censored:ing up a short one.

The front three of Forte, Wilkinson and Poleon looked promising at times but never a coherent combined threat. The midfield was solid, if occasionally guilty of missing the killer pass and the back four solid again but with an odd need to lump the ball two feet above Poleon's head when he is so very good with the ball at his feet.

We are actually quite close to being a very good side. We just need somebody who's going to pick up on a loose ball in the box and slam it very hard into the back of the net. But Jordan Bove wasn't even on the bench.

A positive performance. A frustrating result. But not as frustrating as we were at this stage last season.

Another draw when we should have won.Poor ref did not give a penalty for the foul on Forte.Too many scuffed shots from good scoring areas.County were there for the taking today.Good away support including some in fancy dress?Thought Forte and Wilkinson looked dangerous for us.Good so;id play from the rest.Our unbeaten run goes on

First game for me this season, as live just down the road from Notts. lot better than last season, some good football and just need that last bit when we in the box. Only criticism, need to sort out corners. 14 and never threatened once from them. Git to get the ball over the first man. having said that, so much better than this time last year. Atmosphere : fantastic noise all the way through, you all deserve credit for that.

We looked the better side whilst looking more of a threat than them from wide positions,especially down the left.One thing that did stand out though was the number of times Poleon,Forte and Wilkinson got into excellent shooting positions,but instead of pulling the trigger first time chose to try and take an extra touch which resulted in either a Notts defender closing the player down and blocking the shot or us being dispossessed.It happened four or five times when in goalscoring positions.We had the opportunities today,just poor decision making at times.Overall though I was happy with a point away from home and another solid display.

the manager is trying to bring in a striker , we put in a bid which was accepted, the man gets an injury , other clubs now in for him .

some people on here seem to think the manager is not aware we could do with a goal scorer . he knows !

someone else wants to know what tommy wright is doing . working hard I would suggest .

we are in a good place as a club with the right management team , lets be grateful and back them .

Who's the player......can his name be revealed?

I thought wilkinson played well today, for a big man hes not the greatest in the air but he is very good with the ball at his feet, couple of wrong decisions when maybe he should have passed or shot, but he impressed me today!

he's got to be looking at a striker, with a track record surely?

does anyone think corney will dig deep for this one season because it's clear to me/all of us we're not going to lose many this season, which can only mean one thing - to win them we need to hit the onion bag!!!

he's got to be looking at a striker, with a track record surely?

does anyone think corney will dig deep for this one season because it's clear to me/all of us we're not going to lose many this season, which can only mean one thing - to win them we need to hit the onion bag!!!

LJ has already quoted that Corney has given him the money made from the JCH transfer to get a striker.