Latics 3-2 Scunthorpe

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all about attacking with pace and flair. Sideways, sideways, flat cross is easy to defend. It's tough though - when teams have two banks of four camped in their own half, you often need a bit of magic - we started well today and were looking good, but seemed to knock it on the head for some reason.

In what way?

I'm all for getting early crosses into the box usually, but (and as was proved) that was not the way to do it today. Their defence won everything in the air and our goals in the second-half came from fairly intricate build-up play and Forte's goal came from sheer persistence on the deck.

I think they had three chances in total and took two of them - at no point did I think we should have been 4 down.

No need to nit-pick today. Our defence is usually solid, but when it has an off day we need to be better in attack and we were.

I don't say 'should' but 'could' Two great saves besides the two goals. Fallon was winning everything and was bullying Wilson. He couldn't bully Kusunga.

Lots of good points covered already ...just a few thoughts

Good application by all the team, heads didn't drop, hard work across the squad.

Haven't been convinced by Danny P for a while but his goals were strikers' goals, in the right place and attacking the ball - now kick on again Danny

Wilkinson - a confident lad and not afraid to get stuck in - better decision making and he could have a good career in the game

Winchester - has proved me wrong this season ...but I'd love to see him go on the outside of players rather than turn inside most of the time

Forte - great tracking back at times, a classic example being near the end of the game

Kusunga - considering how few games he has played this season he looked reassuringly in control

4th official - a buffoon

What did the fourth official do that has upset several people? I didn't notice anything from the Rocky.

Couldn't work the digital board. We were desperate for the game to restart and he took ages to get the board on to show the substitute, and when he did, he showed the scunny one instead of ours.

Worked it out when we were winning though didn't he, arsewipe.

Had their player not been offside, I think it would have been red... The offside stopped it being a goal scoring opportunity

He was onside. If he was offside it negates the foul. The ball was too strong and the ref couldn't guarantee that the striker was going to beat Rachubka to the ball.

Couldn't work the digital board. We were desperate for the game to restart and he took ages to get the board on to show the substitute, and when he did, he showed the scunny one instead of ours.

Worked it out when we were winning though didn't he, arsewipe.

The thing was we all knew who was coming off for them, because the 4th official couldn't work the board properly. It still took them far far too long to get the substitution sorted.

Wilcox has joined the list of :censored: managers in this division. Fortunately he won't be in this division for long.

I am concerned about Poleon though, just where does he fit it in, surely Philliskirk cannot be dropped again?

There is still a strong rumour Ebanks Blake will be signed next week, if so who's left out then?

Edited by BP1960

I am concerned about Poleon though, just where does he fit it in, surely Philliskirk cannot be dropped again?

There is still a strong rumour Ebanks Blake will be signed next week, if so who's left out then?

He needs to grow a pair.

He's a skilful individual with pace to burn. We should be able to utilise that.

I've been critical of how the midfield has interacted with him. Today, on two occasions, he displayed an outward frustration at not being given the ball. Each time the alternative option taken was reasonable. He needs to contain his frustration and play for the team.

He's probably cost himself a starting spot.

If you are right I would have thought Wilkinson will make way, as for Poleon I think coming off the bench later on could suit his game for the time being.

I thought he was very good

Wilkinson was very strong on the ground, but I'm surprised at someone being so tall how poor he is in the air, if he can show more aggression in that aspect of his game he could become a top flight player one day.

Edited by BP1960