Rochdale tickets

I always get the impression Rochdale and Bury show more passion when facing the Latics and treat it more as a local derby than we do, maybe something LJ can turn around in motivating his players for the next clash.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't support two clubs not properly anyway.

My dad goes to Latics and Dale on alternate weekends. He goes to some away games for both, and keeps up with both teams. I'd say he's a proper supporter of both, especially considering neither have been above L1 for 18 years. Sums up the 'rivalry' really - you wouldn't find many other derby rivals sharing supporters.

He says there's never any reaction at Spotland when Latics scores are read out, but definitely is if Bury are losing.

My dad goes to Latics and Dale on alternate weekends. He goes to some away games for both, and keeps up with both teams. I'd say he's a proper supporter of both, especially considering neither have been above L1 for 18 years. Sums up the 'rivalry' really - you wouldn't find many other derby rivals sharing supporters.

He says there's never any reaction at Spotland when Latics scores are read out, but definitely is if Bury are losing.

It doesn't sum up anything other than your Dad's own preferences.

To the oracles like pukka, etc : Each club has thousands of fans and every single one of those fans will have their own view and will probably change that view depending upon what time of the :censored:ing day it is.

Looking forward to it myself and hope it will be a good atmosphere with no trouble from fans or the robocops.

these things take time to seed. If we play them over a number of seasons then the young uns will take a dislike to them.A lot depends on what era you got Latics deeply imprinted on you. I hate Man City so much yet many of you dont give two figs, which I find puzzling but that's the way these things go. Others a bit younger than me had a thing about Wigan for example - I really couldnt give two hoots either way about them. I find Tranmere and Huddersfield vaguely distasteful but not worth getting worked up over.

We have spent the vast majority of the past 40 odd years at a higher level than Rochdale and they've had their thing with Bury to get on with - but they do call us Biffo's. We cant even be arsed crafting a name for them.

Anyway, Im looking forward to it. I have no animosity whatsoever towards Rochdale and in fact doff my cap to their fans. Still, I'd *love it* if we dicked them at Spotland. Let's have a right royal knees up. Anyone got any Cyril Smith songs?

To the tune of the "Jose Mourinho" song:

"Touched up by Cyril Smith, Touched up by Cyril Smith, Touched up by Cyril Smith, Touched up by Cyril Smith"

Etc....

Still one of my favourite comments on twitter ever (I think the young rapscallion responsible posts on here): "Oldham's a :censored:hole, but Rochdale's worse and it's full of paedos". Beautiful bit of civic pride. They should put it on the road signs as you come off the A627. 'Welcome to Oldham: Not As :censored: As Rochdale, And Less Paedos'.

I lived in Norden which is 3/4 mile away from spotland til earlier this year and went to the school closest to the ground. So Ive known a lot of Dale fans.

I can honestly say they don't care about us, not much more than they do for Bradford or Preston anyway. Someone that if they beat, it is a bit sweeter due to to the amount they take and we do, but no real problem with us.

They took 2300 to Bury last year on a night game... They wont bring that to us. That says it all.

A sizable chunk of our fans have a different view. There is genuine level of dislike by some. Why?

My guess is it is because there is a generation of Latics fans who have never seen good times. They need a rivalry or something to keep passions going. Dale have had Bury. We have had nothing.

The fascination of "we will definitely sell out blah blah blah" is tedious. I couldnt give a :censored:. When I hear people mock our support I couldnt give two. Why mock Rochdales? Fair play to their fans, its easy to end up supporting the Red twats around here.

Lets go there and win. Not arsed about if they are rivals or not. For 90 mins they like everyone else - are.

Spot on Pukka

It doesn't sum up anything other than your Dad's own preferences.

To the oracles like pukka, etc : Each club has thousands of fans and every single one of those fans will have their own view

Oracle? At what point am I claiming to know everything? I was giving MY view that someone earlier in the thread asked for.

I completely agree on your point, no need to have some sort of sort of sly dig.

-edited as no need to start some sort of :censored: argument

Edited by pukka