what advantage is there to getting a season tickets get!

I have been a ST holder for a number of years and wonder what benefits we actually get.

I know that we get games cheaper but the season tickets have lost lots of benefits like money off merchandise since we went to sports direct and also get to reserve games free as we have no reserves but now looks like season tickets don't get priority on all ticket games like rochdale as they have gone on general sale straight off....

Is it me or is the lack of benefits mean that non ST holders are more thought of by the club.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main benefit is, and always has been, reduced admission prices.

I'm surprised there's no priority booking for the Rochdale match but think that if we were in a situation where demand was likely to exceed supply then there would be.

I think most people buy STs for the match cost benefit...and priority in cases of shortage. The rest I considered nice but not essential perks.

I have been a ST holder for a number of years and wonder what benefits we actually get.

I know that we get games cheaper but the season tickets have lost lots of benefits like money off merchandise since we went to sports direct and also get to reserve games free as we have no reserves but now looks like season tickets don't get priority on all ticket games like rochdale as they have gone on general sale straight off....

Is it me or is the lack of benefits mean that non ST holders are more thought of by the club.

Because you own a ticket to the home games for a discount, why should you get priority at away games? I cant get to every game due to other commitments so dont see the advantage of a season ticket for myself, but if I have a Saturday free I will go to any home or away game & will probably pump the same amount of cash into the club as season ticket holders do over the course of the season, why should I have to queue behind you? There is almost 2 months to get Rochdale tickets. They will only sell out a week before the game, as a lot of people will wait to purchase. If you want one you will get one.

It also enables you to go onto OWTB and complain how hard done by you are when any other offer comes along.

And get a brew and bacon butty served by the manager when queueing for FA cup tickets....

Because you own a ticket to the home games for a discount, why should you get priority at away games? I cant get to every game due to other commitments so dont see the advantage of a season ticket for myself, but if I have a Saturday free I will go to any home or away game & will probably pump the same amount of cash into the club as season ticket holders do over the course of the season, why should I have to queue behind you? There is almost 2 months to get Rochdale tickets. They will only sell out a week before the game, as a lot of people will wait to purchase. If you want one you will get one.

We should get priority for away games, when necessary.

As it stands it isn't necessary for Rochdale.

The advantages given to season tickets are:

• discounted admission to home games
  • priority access to away games when demand is likley to exceed supply
  • ease

These are the advantages we have always had and we still have them. Admittedly, there have also been other advantages in the past like the free reserve games and the 10% discount in the shop but things change and we no longer have a shop or evening reserve games at Boundary Park (SD.CP if you want).

These days I probably miss enough games that the cost of home games with a season ticket is in line with teh cost of paying on the door but the other two benefits are enough that I have never even considered not getting a season ticket. The last thing I want to be doing if we get drawn against Arsenal at the Emirates is worrying about whether I will get a ticket and I also don't want to be concerned about whether I have enough cash on me on a Saturday (a little thing I know but it makes my life easier).

I certainly don't feel hard done to that the club hasn't made their own life more difficult by bringing in a priority period for a game that either won't sell out or will sell out a few days before it is played nect month.

The advantages given to season tickets are:

• discounted admission to home games
  • priority access to away games when demand is likley to exceed supply
  • ease

These are the advantages we have always had and we still have them. Admittedly, there have also been other advantages in the past like the free reserve games and the 10% discount in the shop but things change and we no longer have a shop or evening reserve games at Boundary Park (SD.CP if you want).

These days I probably miss enough games that the cost of home games with a season ticket is in line with teh cost of paying on the door but the other two benefits are enough that I have never even considered not getting a season ticket. The last thing I want to be doing if we get drawn against Arsenal at the Emirates is worrying about whether I will get a ticket and I also don't want to be concerned about whether I have enough cash on me on a Saturday (a little thing I know but it makes my life easier).

I certainly don't feel hard done to that the club hasn't made their own life more difficult by bringing in a priority period for a game that either won't sell out or will sell out a few days before it is played nect month.

You wouldnt have to worry, most of our fans would be put off by the £70 entry fee