Barnsley (h) JPT

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gives players like Bove a chance of competitive game time, cheap entry, I know you don't go to these games, but some of us quite enjoy this competition for what it is.

Same. No complaints from me.

And if we get knocked out in the early stages we can always fall back on the "it's a tin pot competition anyway" excuse.

The JPT are like the Tesco yellow sticker food items stacked scruffily on a shelf. I get to sample it a bit cheaply, and it's never quite as good as normal.

But you can never resist having a quick look incase they've reduced one of the posh butties or a family pack of profiteroles.

Wembley maybe.

The last area final is the only game I've ever been to in this competition so I won't risk that again.

I still think it would be a bit weird & grim rattling sat in a half empty Wembley.

That would likely happen for a play off final.

Haven't the rules been changed where teams are not allowed to make wholesale changes now?

Yes but wholesale changes doesn't mean Dieng, Dayton, AMS, Bove and Turner can't all feature. Dieng won't even count as he is almost certainly playing against Walsall due to Kusunga's international call-up

Every round this happens, "It is a chance to go to Wembley!" If you want to go to Wembley that much then go, I'm sure they do guided tours, I bet they even run conferences and "away days" there too. "Its a chance to win something!" - This is like winning a worst shirt on a stag do, would be funny at the time but once you get to the second bar you're already regretting it.

There is never going to be a situation where the line "We won the JPT in 2015" will be a good thing to say. Even to United fans. Or to fans of a non-league side.

We don't even kick up any fuss that the club don't even open all the stands anymore, if they cut the prices further they will have to start paying the fans to go to the bloody games.

Some of us have seen Latics twice at the old Wembley - many of the younger generation will probably never get the chance to see Latics play in the new Wembley in one of the main cup competitions, so the JPT is still a valid option in my view.

Football aside, it would be a top day out at a magnificent stadium. It's not about bragging rights at all - we all know that this tournament is a second class journey but the destination is still worth reaching.

And I believe that the players would back that view.

The JPT are like the Tesco yellow sticker food items stacked scruffily on a shelf. I get to sample it a bit cheaply, and it's never quite as good as normal.

But you can never resist having a quick look incase they've reduced one of the posh butties or a family pack of profiteroles.

You get to try watching a player or two you wouldn't have paid full price to see but ultimately realise why they needed reducing.