Barnsley (h) JPT

Some of us have seen Latics twice at the old Wembley - many of the younger generation will probably never get the chance to see Latics play in the new Wembley in one of the main cup competitions, so the JPT is still a valid option in my view.

I'd be there but I think there'd be a very good chance it would send me under. "Is this what we've been reduced to?".

Part of me thinks it would be better for those of us who've never seen us at Wembley in a proper game to never see us there at all than only ever see us there in this.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be there but I think there'd be a very good chance it would send me under. "Is this what we've been reduced to?".

Part of me thinks it would be better for those of us who've never seen us at Wembley in a proper game to never see us there at all than only ever see us there in this.

The trouble is many of those who've seen us at Wembley in a proper game never see us at Boundary Park.

Wembley maybe.

The last area final is the only game I've ever been to in this competition so I won't risk that again.

I still think it would be a bit weird & grim rattling sat in a half empty Wembley.

What it it was a half full Wembley?

When I see a Latics result I'm happy if we've won and gutted if we've lost. Are those emotions reversed for the anti-JPT lot?!

When we tonked Notts County last season I didn't celebrate any of the goals, the feeling I usually get when the ball hits the back of the net just wasn't there.

it will be every players dream to represent their country or step out on to the Wembley pitch in thier colours. If it isnt they are in the wrong game. Players at our level are limited to whatever chances they get.... what would it mean for them ?

When I see a Latics result I'm happy if we've won and gutted if we've lost. Are those emotions reversed for the anti-JPT lot?!

I'm happy if we win but not arsed in the slightest when we go out.

I reckon Corney must hate it if it loses us money all the way to the area final.

And there's another thing - area's. "We know it's a stupid competition so we won't ask clubs to travel too far for games"

it will be every players dream to represent their country or step out on to the Wembley pitch in thier colours. If it isnt they are in the wrong game. Players at our level are limited to whatever chances they get.... what would it mean for them ?

I agree with that. It would be great for the players.

But tarnished by the fact that a large number of the supporters looking on didn't care about the result much.

A cup final or playoff final on the other hand would give them the chance to write themselves into the clubs folklore.

When we put the effort in and really try and win these games, they're good fun. And under Lee Johnson, that's very much what we do.

Having a run in it creates momentum and a winning mentality. I think it really helped Philliskirk kick on last season.

Getting to the final would have an effect on the club, a big boon to the positivity that is currently being engendered.

I wonder how many of the anti-JPT folk would turn down the opportunity to see us at wembley just because its the JPT...

Very few would be my guess!

I have seen us play twice in this competition in the 17 years we have been in it both when we got to the northern final.

I would definitely go if we got to wembley and would celebrate if we won. Not because I believe this is as good as it gets for us, but because it could be a good stepping stone to go onto bigger better things.

I think Corney said that we only loose money in the JPT if we play more away games then home games through the rounds, up to now 2 home games out of 2 rounds we've actually made small change

Where are you facts to show we have made small change as you put it?

You post quite a lot claiming to know a bit without any proof in the pudding

Where myself on the otherhand love a wind up you geniunely post like your well in at the club....