Chesterfield (away)

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a penalty for me, Philliskirk had got his return pass away and the contact was minimal. If we were on the other side of that decision we'd be crying robbery.

Like we have been plenty of times in the past couple of years !!! Stop goin on about it its our turn to play the game and have a change of luck its little decisions like that which will count come May, we had a good shout for handball before the one he give so maybe that was on the refs mind, its funny though how the Chesterfield players bollocked the guilty party for diving in at Philly there must of been something in it, no dispute from the Chesterfield team or bench but our own fans disagree, couldnt make it up.

Like we have been plenty of times in the past couple of years !!! Stop goin on about it its our turn to play the game and have a change of luck its little decisions like that which will count come May, we had a good shout for handball before the one he give so maybe that was on the refs mind, its funny though how the Chesterfield players bollocked the guilty party for diving in at Philly there must of been something in it, no dispute from the Chesterfield team or bench but our own fans disagree, couldnt make it up.

Heh, don't mind me, I just try and be objective about stuff.

The Forte one at Doncaster looked hugely soft on tv, but I was right in line on the day and it looked a definite pen. As we don't get massive slow mo close ups at this level you can't really say with certainty either way.

All he did was make a good point though, a point which the majority of people have agreed (very soft penalty). Are you trying to tell me that if that was given against us you would say 'okay thats not a penalty but chesterfield have had hard luck with the referees in the last few week so im not going to complain'?

I dont care about Chesterfields luck or lack of it, I do know that the lad who put his foot in got a dressing down off his team mates within seconds so Id say there was something in it, we deserve some luck with refs we have had some apalling decisions go against us in the past couple of seasons so I will take every decision we get.

I dont care about Chesterfields luck or lack of it, I do know that the lad who put his foot in got a dressing down off his team mates within seconds so Id say there was something in it,

Totally true!

The reaction of his fellow defenders said an awful lot about what they thought. It was naive and inexperienced defending to make a challenge that just didn't need to made!!

Chesterfield fans on their forum who were sideways on appeared to have few doubts!!

Its a shocking angle on tv that shows nothing!!

It still looks a really soft penalty.

But i think the crucial thing is the angle of the TV Camera - it's poor.

From that angle though, the footage shows zero contact and it looks a dive actually from Philliskirk.

Now i'm not saying it was. Actually being there might make a difference, and as I said earlier in this thread, I wasnt there. So all i've got to go off are the higlights.

And those highlights shows its a really soft one.

We were due one though, we've had plenty of stonewall ones turned down over the last few season - its about time we got a dubious one.

noticed not one of our fans (bar a few) even claimed for the penalty, haha brilliant!

good highlights them, wish we'd do similar... if only poleons header was an inch or two to the left and forte's shot was an inch or two lower!!!!! and how that ball didn't go in the back of net from the goalmouth scramble?

noticed not one of our fans (bar a few) even claimed for the penalty, haha brilliant!

good highlights them, wish we'd do similar... if only poleons header was an inch or two to the left and forte's shot was an inch or two lower!!!!! and how that ball didn't go in the back of net from the goalmouth scramble?

Some of us clearly didn't see it.