Ched Evans

Ched Evans Poll  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sign Ched Evans for OAFC

• Yes
    • No

The former Sheffield United striker is up for early release later this month after his improsenment for rape. With our track record and our need for a striker the simple question is would you want him pulling on a Latics shirt?

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, i would have him, he may be a :censored: ( alledgedly ! as i believe he has always maintained his innocence) but he has served his sentence and i don't believe that everyone here should take on the role of moral guardian for a football club.

Just saying like .

Pretty much irrelevant what we all think though, as it is never going to happen.

Yes, i would have him, he may be a :censored: ( alledgedly ! as i believe he has always maintained his innocence) but he has served his sentence and i don't believe that everyone here should take on the role of moral guardian for a football club.

Just saying like .

Pretty much irrelevant what we all think though, as it is never going to happen.

I'd agree a horrible precedent was set with Barry's pursuit and signing of Lee Hughes; one which TBH i think has forever sullied our club.

But - IMO, we'd plumb new depths if we signed Evans.

We wont though, so its a moot point really...

No. Guilty of an abhorrent crime and I'm perplexed as to why he gets early release given that he still denies it so can't be said to have been rehabilitated. However, I do think that once released (which he will be at some point) he should be able to continue his career somewhere - whilst his criminal record will preclude him from following certain career paths, I don't see why being a footballer would be one of them.

Having said that, I'd prefer it to be elsewhere. Our current group seem likeable and seem to be fixated on their football. Signing a player like Evans would disrupt things with the focus switching onto something negative around the club and would upset much of the support. I like it when we're a lovely, family club and this would go against that. If he doesn't go to Sheffield United, someone else will definately sign him though.

I'd agree a horrible precedent was set with Barry's pursuit and signing of Lee Hughes; one which TBH i think has forever sullied our club.

But - IMO, we'd plumb new depths if we signed Evans.

We wont though, so its a moot point really...

Totally understand where you are coming from Sly but, let's face it Evans like Hughes on his release, Evans will end up back in football

Most probaby like you said at Sheff utd

It's difficult because as said above, Evans still maintains his innocence and if you look at the info on his appeal page, you can see why. I personally think that he will eventually have his conviction overturned, it's never made sense to me that the two admitted having sex with the defendant, yet only one of them was deemed guilty of rape? I think people should read in to the case itself and make a judgement based on that.

As to him signing for us...I doubt it.

It's difficult because as said above, Evans still maintains his innocence and if you look at the info on his appeal page, you can see why. I personally think that he will eventually have his conviction overturned, it's never made sense to me that the two admitted having sex with the defendant, yet only one of them was deemed guilty of rape? I think people should read in to the case itself and make a judgement based on that.

As to him signing for us...I doubt it.

If I'd got caught :censored:ing an unconscious body I suppose I might be tempted to deny it, but he didn't convince the jury

It took a jury 1 hour to decide unanimously he was guilty of rape. He and his family stil plead innocence and he has no remorse whatsoever for the woman he raped! How the hell anyone, especially husbands, sons, fathers could think he should be back at any footbal club seems happy to ignore what a low life he is. Not sure how any club are going to convince their female staff or supporters that this can be ignored, because he can kick a ball? Rant over!

Didn't Connor Brown publicly stick up for him when he got sent down?

Yes. He tweeted:

"The law is a load of :censored:ing :censored:. I'm with you geez."

"Money grabbing little tramp"

"If ur a slag ur a slag dont try to get money from being a slag...Stupid girls... I feel sick"

He's a class act, all right.

I'd guess it's something Brown regrets and probably did so when it cost him his position at his football club. I'm glad, probably like many, that Twitter wasn't around when I was in my youth to record some of the naive, ill-informed bollocks that passed through my mind. In many ways he's echoed the material on the Ched Evans website albeit the admins of that site have probably passed theirs through a legal team first.

I'd guess it's something Brown regrets and probably did so when it cost him his position at his football club. I'm glad, probably like many, that Twitter wasn't around when I was in my youth to record some of the naive, ill-informed bollocks that passed through my mind. In many ways he's echoed the material on the Ched Evans website albeit the admins of that site have probably passed theirs through a legal team first.

We'd have all talked a lot of :censored: in our youth, no doubt. But I reckon I'd have had more sense and compassion than to publicly have a go at the victim of a convicted rapist, even at that age.

I tend to think that it was stupidity, rather than youth, which was to blame, since Brown strikes me as a guy who probably needs velcro-fastening football boots.