Ched Evans

Ched Evans Poll  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sign Ched Evans for OAFC

• Yes
    • No

Don't know if it's been said previously and playing devils advocate and all...

What if it was our club in all this and the PFA asked us to allow him to back in to train?

What is the difference between Lee Hughes and this ched bloke? They've done time for the crime irrespective of remorse shown, is it our individual morals that is the difference? Moral compass? Vehicle manslaughter v rape?

I've been toiling with the idea that would I withdraw my support of my club, if it was us in this predicament?

Hmmm, I believe I know what I would do, personal choice I suppose but an interesting debate and boy I really would hate begin a fan of that yorkshire club at the mo. God knows how the players and staff are reacting.

Wonder if it will effect the play and of course oppos fans giving them grief too.....going to be an interesting few weeks me thinks

Somehow I don't think he will offered a contract by Sheffield United, where he goes from there is anyones guess.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow I don't think he will offered a contract by Sheffield United, where he goes from there is anyones guess.

Regardless, the sadist in me is hoping it distracts said club, players and fans that they chuff up and start a tumbling down the table until at least, they are behind us....is that really bad of me?

I can't get my head around the double standards of this Sky presenter. She was delighted about meeting convicted rapist Mike Tyson a few years ago...

Must say if I was her then I would have made a bit less of a song and dance about it, giving the :censored:wits supporting Evans some traction.

Also, as a convicted sex offender, I would guess that he'll be on a register for the rest of his life that will put certain restrictions on him. He wont be following in Ben Burgess' footsteps any time soon.

He must have licence conditions - he's only served half his sentence. Not the same as being a free man.

And there we have it... He's either restricted in his work as you say - and complying with those restrictions - or free to work. I'm not content here, I don't agree with it entirely, but ultimately he's living within the law and who are we to say that's not acceptable?

I can't get my head around the double standards of this Sky presenter. She was delighted about meeting convicted rapist Mike Tyson a few years ago...

It's Sky, it's News Corp., and it's about 99% bull:censored:

And there we have it... He's either restricted in his work as you say - and complying with those restrictions - or free to work. I'm not content here, I don't agree with it entirely, but ultimately he's living within the law and who are we to say that's not acceptable?

I don't work with kids or need CRB clearance but I wouldn't get my old job back when I got out from a 5 stretch. Not because of the law, but because my employer and many others wouldn't touch me with a :censored:ty stick. His lack of repentance seals the deal on this. Edited by leeslover

Don't know if it's been said previously and playing devils advocate and all...

What if it was our club in all this and the PFA asked us to allow him to back in to train?

What is the difference between Lee Hughes and this ched bloke? They've done time for the crime irrespective of remorse shown, is it our individual morals that is the difference? Moral compass? Vehicle manslaughter v rape?

I've been toiling with the idea that would I withdraw my support of my club, if it was us in this predicament?

Hmmm, I believe I know what I would do, personal choice I suppose but an interesting debate and boy I really would hate begin a fan of that yorkshire club at the mo. God knows how the players and staff are reacting.

Wonder if it will effect the play and of course oppos fans giving them grief too.....going to be an interesting few weeks me thinks

From the experience we had with Hughes this would be the reason I wouldn't want us to go down this road again.

If anything the publicity Sheffield United are getting from this is arguably worse than what we had with Hughes as sponsors are pulling out and they have a petition with 150,000 names on it and club ambassadors have stepped down. Is the bad publicity they get from this really going to be worth it?

I don't think it makes anyone a hypocrite to say that just because our club signed Lee Hughes that they would be against the signing of Ched Evans. if anything our experiences stand us in better stead to judge whether a convicted criminal should sign for the club we support.

What I will say is that now he is seen as having served his time he should be allowed to continue to make a living as he pleases anyone who sees the sentence as being too short should take that up with their MP.

Is Clegg trying to get some UKIP votes? It's ok to play abroad as them foreign types bugger donkeys? Clegg really is a shambles of a man.

He says he should back later, I guess after starring in Borat's Jailbird 11 has helped him see the error of his ways.

I've not heard of this story at all. But unless there's an important detail that i'm not aware of, I can't think of a reason that a rape scene shouldn't be in a play.

As I understand, it was actually less of a rape scene and more of a scene that makes fun of rape in what is more of a pantomime than a play.

Not entirely sure why it's inspired you to post a picture of Colin Murray but good on Jessica Ennis and the patrons who've resigned. The response to the decision to let him train is really quite heartening.

I spent some time reading around a couple of the Sheffield United forums and it reminded me of this place a few years back. Apologists and supporters only interested in the fact they might score a few more goals because that is all that is important. How any of us here feel we have the right to speak on the subject is nothing short of shocking. We should be shamefully silent given our own sins.

We was wrong to take on Lee Hughes. It still damages our image today and rightly so.

I was very much on the fence when we resigned Hughes. Balancing the right to work & rejoin society against the question of should a privilege and public position be made available to someone who has been convicted of such a serious crime. Now its easy to see what our response should of been. And shame on us and the club for getting it wrong.

Chad Evan is a simple slam dunk. The only crime that trumps rape is murder really. Its a :censored:ing horrific crime. Violating a women like that. For still a very male orientated sport to employee such an abuser of women is, just well, mind blowing horrific. With very young male fan bases the message it sounds out is socially crippling. I hope it doesn't happen. I think it will though.

I couldn't bring my daughters to watch that :censored:...

All self control in football is out of the window. Three points is all the anyone seems to worry about. From Saurez eating people to abusers of women. All welcome! all welcome.....

Sad times.

How many here saying no to Evans where saying Yes to Hughes... I think more than will admit... I hope that is down to lessons learn't and not just tribalism...

Edited by oafc0000

It's a head wrecker isn't it Rude and thankfully not on our doorstep.

It's probably the only time I felt a milly - second of compassion for those fans of that club and then Harry posted that photo and I went right back into dislike mode.

Just glad it's not us.