Team for Walsall

How are people wanting Wilkinson dropped, who has been one of our better players & who will likely be playing for Bolton a league above next week, & want to start Ibehre who hasnt been catching at 3rd bottom Colchester all season & people have had limited viewing of him?

For what its worth, just because Poleon scored doesnt mean he should start, by all accounts he missed chance after chance on Tuesday & has been generally poor in the chances hes had so far in the league. Forte is a must, as is Philli, as is Wilkinson. Its then between Poleon & Winchester & it depends if LJ feels Winchester should take a week off or not.

Only changes from Tuesday should be Forte for Dayton and Kelly for Tidser, winch for Poleon ....Ibehere has a niggle so will be on the bench, Tidser won't start 2 games in a week after not playing for so long. Poleon to come off the bench as will Ibehere.

The main thing I hope he learns from Tuesday is to give jones even more of a license to get forward and leave Kelly holding......Jones is fast becoming my favourite player all energy with a surprising level of skill as he showed when ghosting past 2 would be tacklers in the first half on Tues.

As a 'first' choice player Winchester was poor when he came on Tuesday. It has to be Kelly and Jones who are now much better than the Smith/Wes partnership. I would start Jabo because he is the future (loan with view to transfer I hope) with Wilkinson intending to sub him with Poloen. If Jabo watched us Tuesday he will relish the thought of playing for us . Forte and Philly with the same back 4 as Tuesday.

Edited by Hands on

Tidser did a decent job but not enough to displace Kelly, who has been fantastic for weeks alongside Jones.

Wilkinson is leaving, however we need to put out our best XI and after Tuesday it would be a brave man to suggest he can be left out - stunning performance. Poleon and him up top were a huge threat but DP shouldn't be dropped and their is no way Forte can play the narrow LM role that Dayton excelled in on Tuesday. As a result, it should be DP and Wilkinson up top with Forte replacing the unlucky Dayts (not for the first time this term). LJ's decision IMO is surrounding RM and whether he decides to opt for the pace of Poleon or the guile of Winchester. Both would be unlucky to be left out - my preference against a good Walsall side is CW, who works well with B.Wilson, however he needs to be braver in possession more often as the lad has limitless potential at league one level but rarely produces quite as much as he could (even in those first 6 games when he was magnificent at times). Poleon to produce from the bench along with Dayton, Turner and Ibhere.

Whoever he picks tomorrow, once again I simply cannot wait!

Keeper, defence, Kelly, Jones & Forte aside its hard to predict the rest of the side.

Philliskirk should be a shoe in but, who knows?

I'm Winchester's biggest fan but would understand him being wrapped in cotton wool.

Surely Tidser can't be ready to start in a real match so soon after playing, & shining, in his first game of the season, can he?

Dayton, arguably, deserves a start.

Wilkinson is off but, despite him being a non scoring striker, we've done well with him in the side.

Ibehre hasn't come to sit on the bench and I suspect Johnson has been after a player like him all season.

Poleon was bought to quickly become our best player and most saleable asset and has just "opened his account".

It's good this innit?

Keeper, defence, Kelly, Jones, Forte aside... That little lot adds up to 8 ...so what you are saying is that it is hard to predict the other three?

Assume Philliskirk is now to be given an extended run and that Jabo is going to be our central striker, that leaves one position to fill.

Winchester deserves to start with Dayton, Poleon and possibly Tidser vying for that role.

Definitely good.