Jabo Ibehre Signs on a three month loan

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st game of the season showed a lot of what he's about.

If we were looking for an experienced goal poacher of a striker, he isn't it.

But he was a nightmare for our defence in the 2nd half and brought a lot of their players into play.

I'm not sure he's exactly what we need to push us towards the top of the league, but he could be the ideal player for some of the scrappy games during the winter.

Good luck Jabo!

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Thank god we passed up a 1 in 2 striker for a 1 in 4 striker.

But this one has working knees, and as a bonus; isn't a bit of prick?

I'm pretty pleased with this, ish.

As NewBlue says, he's one of those lower league players who you kind of think is a bit :censored:, but then you find that you notice them during games and they cause problems.

He's scored enough goals for his various sides over the years to show he does no the route to goal, and - he will add something to the side with his pressence and physicality.

Not a stellar signing, but a solid enough one that; when all is said & done; does add to & improve the squad.

Thank god we passed up a 1 in 2 striker for a 1 in 4 striker.

Or more accurately, a 1 in 4 striker over his whole career for a 1 in 6 striker over his whole career.

I don't think Ibhere is in the team to score goals, I think he is in the team to get our top 2 scorers and recently acquired striker to score goals, something I can see him being quite successful at.

This signing makes a lot of sense!

Johnson has in effect moved JCH [an inexperienced lump] out for a tidy profit... and brought in a fast lad [Poleon]...... and an experienced lump [ibehre] to cause havoc and create space and chances for Forte, Philliskirk and Poleon.

Think Emile Heskey when Michael Owen was in his Liverpool and England pomp.

I was at Colchester opening game. He ran their line brilliantly and gave James Wilson and Kusunga a lesson.

This could be just the ticket.

Come on Oldham!

Or more accurately, a 1 in 4 striker over his whole career for a 1 in 6 striker over his whole career.

I don't think Ibhere is in the team to score goals, I think he is in the team to get our top 2 scorers and recently acquired striker to score goals, something I can see him being quite successful at.

Just been emailing my mates on this and said the same thing.

Maybe he'll chip in with a few goals, bonus if he does.

But, he's a player who causes problems, takes up and keeps both CB's interested and by either a direct pass or knock-down; or by engaging and drawing away players; creates chances for his teammates.

This should open up more chances for Forte and Poleon to use their pace and get through on goal.*

.* in thoery!!!!!

I am really happy with this signing. He is exactly what we need within our budget, especially his size, experience and style. I'm expecting him to fit easily into our attacking approach.

At worst, we will see none of his skills, he will be dropped, and be gone by January.

Well worth a punt.

Colchester forum:

"I know it's only a loan and I feel Colchester have played better by not having a hold up player I still feel for Jabo because what he does he's does very well"

"Not in my eyes, wish him luck and hope it is permanent"

"Well I did not see that one coming! Would seem that Jabo does not fit into TH's playing style.

However, I wish Jabo well, but not that well as he has moved to one of our L1 rivals!"

"Stevie Wonder even saw it coming. As you state yourself he doesn't fit the style and as he is probably one of the highest earners, get rid in January and put them wages to keeping Sanchez and Freddie."

"Finally a manager that plays goalscorers upfront . Worked hard but never created a lot or scored so no surprise."

"Clearly not part of the new management plans, shame I always liked Jabo, although a lot of fans didn't like him as he didn't score enough (failing to see what else he offered....)."