Jabo Ibehre Signs on a three month loan

Pleased with this one. As pretty much everyone has said, can't see him bagging loads but if he can hustle and create for others it's well worth while. We are beginning to look like a solid, experienced side without 'luxury' players that all work hard, ie we don't seem to be relying on any one player too much (Forte withstanding). Very similar to Leyton Orient of last year and they did ok...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This signing makes a lot of sense, wilkinson back to bolton (out of our hands), we loan in an out of favour experienced forward with a record for being a bit of a handful for defenders all be it making him more of a creator of goals than a scorer of goals until January, come January we assess the situation

Some people will be unhappy because he is not a "20 goal a season forward" but you need to ask yourself how many of them are available now and within our budget?

This signing makes a lot of sense, wilkinson back to bolton (out of our hands), we loan in an out of favour experienced forward with a record for being a bit of a handful for defenders all be it making him more of a creator of goals than a scorer of goals until January, come January we assess the situation

Some people will be unhappy because he is not a "20 goal a season forward" but you need to ask yourself how many of them are available now and within our budget?

1- Forte, and signing Ibhere could make him a 25 goal a season forward.

"Ibehre barged, bumped, shielded with a backside as large as Terminal One at Stanstead"

I spotted that shocking spelling mistake too.

Yes, I was just as surprised as everyone to see that the word "arse" has so many letters in it

Edited by L1onheartNew

Ibhere will work hard for the team and hold the ball up for others,Think he will be similar to Pawell Abbott who was decent for us, give the oppo CBs a bit of a rough time, something our strikers are not up to because of their size, good squad signing be happy if he chips in with 5 or 6 over his loan spell

Ibhere will work hard for the team and hold the ball up for others,Think he will be similar to Pawell Abbott who was decent for us, give the oppo CBs a bit of a rough time, something our strikers are not up to because of their size, good squad signing be happy if he chips in with 5 or 6 over his loan spell

He will be nothing like Abbott! Abbott came across as lazy, and he scored goals. Ibehre sounds the opposite! Edited by oldhamoafc

Usually there's a reference to the possibility of making a loan signing permanent, but in this case nothing has been mentioned.

Do we think this is a possibility or just what it is...... An emergency loan.

If a permanent deal has been mooted I hope a fee has been agreed cos if he does well and bangs a few goals in he will be in big demand and the fee will rise considerably.

“I’ve always been an admirer of Ibrehre and I have the utmost confidence he will do well here,” he said. “He brings you the ability to turn defence into attack quickly through his obscene strength and his hold up play is also very good.

“He hasn’t scored enough goals in his time but we believe we can get the best out of him and help him get into those goal-scoring areas.

“If he is able to get one goal every two games for us then I will be happy, but we’re just glad to have that physical presence up front because we needed it.”

LJ's quotes in the MEN.

The more I think about it, the more this signing makes sense. All the teams that we've seen go up from this league are big, strong and pacey, and now we're starting to get that in our team. Couple that with trying to play some decent football and we could do well.