Wilkinson loan ending?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confirmed on the Fishal. New man wants to take a look. LJ disappointed but would like him back along the line if possible.

If Jabo doesn't impress then I expect we'll try and get Wilkinson back for the season in January.

Confirmed on the Fishal. New man wants to take a look. LJ disappointed but would like him back along the line if possible.

If Jabo doesn't impress then I expect we'll try and get Wilkinson back for the season in January.

seems a bit previous when they haven't appointed a new manager yet

seems a bit previous when they haven't appointed a new manager yet

Fair. I've misquoted the following:

The 19-year-old will be in Saturday's squad to face the Saddlers but will return to Bolton as their new manager assesses his side.

Perhaps the caretaker/chairman is getting everybody back in anticipation. Perhaps Wilkinson has said he'd like to go back to try and impress.

He was starting to look decent - Tuesday he was a threat, and played well.

That said, if we were still playing that game now, he still wouldn't have scored.

There's always scope for a return in January, once Bolton's new man has had time to assess his full squad.

So given we still have him for the Walsall game do we play him or not?

My opinion is that he either:

Gets a seat on the bench as we need to start adapting without him...

or

LJ may want Ibhere to have another week learning the style of play and getting to know his team mates and allow Wilkinson the chance to break his duck before he goes back?

He's a striker. He hasn't scored.

I prefer the description centre forward rather than striker Harry, it lends itself to a different type of player who in a more physical sense brings others into the game, but isn't usually a prolific goalscorer.

But isn't that what we do with loans out ?

And if Wilkinson had scored 5 goals that would have been great even if he was then whisked away.

Not a perfect world I agree but..

True, if he'd scored 5 and gone I'd have shaken his hand and offered him a go on someone's sister, but with novices or unfit older types you are unlikely to see the best of them

We should definitely try to take him back and I think LJ will. It's a shame he has to go back as you can tell that now he's got his first that he would go on a run.

yesterday's goal was a poachers goal from being in a good position in the box, not the type of goal I think many thought he'd break his duck with and that is a positive sign.

Bolton announce Neil Lennon as their new manager.

Might be keen on Wilkinson - was he keen on youth up at Celtic?

Lennon MUST have been offered a decent budget or lose I don't think he would have taken the job.......reckon this increases our chances of getting him back although I expect Notts County and Barnsley to be keeping tabs on him as well!