Wilkinson loan ending?

Lennon played, but then shipped out on loan Tony Watt up at Celtic.

Gave youth a chance; but then decided against it in this case.

Might bode well that, in terms of getting Wilkinson back on loan again.

I'd expect 2 or 3 current Celtic players to be at Bolton as the Jan widow closes too...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah he'd come back to us if anyone, seems to be well liked and looked to get on with everybody else on the field at least.

We're only down the road from his parent club.

Petrasso not coming back was understandable given he'd be based down sarf.

That and the amount of loans we had at the time, plus one we had a Gentleman's agreement on.

Unfortunately loan rules prevent us from bringing him back until Jan, in that time quite a few clubs could have snapped him up on loan and Bolton might need/want him too.

Why can't he come back thought we could have him for a max of 93 days the player said himself he was open to extending it. Was it us who didn't chose to extend it or was it Bolton who recalled him

Bolton recalled him. Lennon wants to look at his options. It is amazing to see how many on here have changed their tune regarding Wilkinson. When he first arrived we had the 'why bring in a young lad when we have two young strikers in the reserves?...' and the ' doesn't bring anything different to the team' comments.

He is a real raw talent who has a lot of improving to do but has added something to the team in his time here. Here's hoping that Lennon and his team fail to spot that and we get him back on a free in January!

Edited by TheBigDog

Bolton recalled him. Lennon wants to look at his options. It is amazing to see how many on here have changed their tune regarding Wilkinson. When he first arrived we had the 'why bring in a young lad when we have two young strikers in the reserves?...' and the ' doesn't bring anything different to the team' comments.

He is a real raw talent who has a lot of improving to do but has added something to the team in his time here. Here's hoping that Lennon and his team fail to spot that and we get him back on a free in January!

I'll stand by that.He only started to look the part just before he was off. Philliskirk could have played up front sooner. If we get him back for an extended spell fair enough but otherwise we haven't gained much.

I'll stand by that.He only started to look the part just before he was off. Philliskirk could have played up front sooner. If we get him back for an extended spell fair enough but otherwise we haven't gained much.

He looked pretty good at Notts County.

However I do agree with your last sentence.

Also - I notice that the rarely wrong are reporting his keenness to return if Bolton let him out on loan again.

Edited by TheBigDog

It is amazing to see how many on here have changed their tune regarding Wilkinson. When he first arrived we had the 'why bring in a young lad when we have two young strikers in the reserves?...' and the ' doesn't bring anything different to the team' comments.

It does baffle me that Turner and Morgan-Smith (Bove is, I believe, injured) were pushed down the pecking order by an untried loanee.

But Wilkinson made his contribution, worked hard, improved and got an important goal. He definitely has something. Whether he should get another chance ahead of our own talent is a question that, for me, remains.

It does baffle me that Turner and Morgan-Smith (Bove is, I believe, injured) were pushed down the pecking order by an untried loanee.

But Wilkinson made his contribution, worked hard, improved and got an important goal. He definitely has something. Whether he should get another chance ahead of our own talent is a question that, for me, remains.

Talking. Of Morgan-Smith what's happened to him ? Dropped from the squad for the last couple of games and no news on an injury ?

Can anyone clear up the current situation with Conor on a Youth Loan.....Can we take him for what remains of the 90+ day loan?

LJ has said he would have him back so don't see why not.

Personally, if he's not caught the Bolton first team squad by January I would be asking them what fee they wanted for him on a permanent basis and offer him a 3 year contract.

Edited by BP1960

LJ has said he would have him back so don't see why not.

Personally, if he's not caught the Bolton first team squad by January I would be asking them what fee they wanted for him on a permanent basis and offer him a 3 year contract.

Agree but I wouldnt wait till January, Lennon is already sounding out Hooper and others so his chances are only going to get slimmer.

I'd have him back but it wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't.

He only scored once and, while we did do very well with him in the team, we did just as well without him on Saturday from what I hear.

Still, he'd be another Johnson could probably sell on for a decent undisclosed fee after a year or so

• 1 month later...