Mike Jones

The formation we have been crying out for at home..only one holding midfielder and the rest going forward.

Agree and the double sub changed that and we became more defensive minded (apart from the 2nd goal) and seemed to be holding on more!

Odd subs from LJ in my opinion but a win all the same!

Made the point after Tuesdays game he's the player that keeps everything going, always wants the ball and wants to keep the tempo flowing even when not everything comes off. In fact the only that has been missing has been some shooting prowess and a goal so now that he's got one it should give him even more confidence to kick on again

Not just today he's been excellent all season I haven't seen him have a bad game he can pass he can tackle he has great stamina and he can even shoot from time to time. I would not be surprised if he ends up winning player of the season.

Hope he's here that long, this is one I don't want going for an undisclosed fee.

Hope he's here that long, this is one I don't want going for an undisclosed fee.

January will be a critical time for us.

The strange thing is I don't think that their are any real superstars in this team and so far I've not heard of any scouts sniffing round any of our players. We are going about our work quite quietly and in an understated manner.

This time last year the interest in Tarkowski was already mounting we haven't heard anything yet, I wonder if any of our players are on anyone's radar?

Do we have to sell or would we sell if we're in the top 6-8 position? I don't think we would. Retaining them toward the end of their contract is another thing.

Could someone confirm what length of contract each player has in the first, say, 16?

Do we have to sell or would we sell if we're in the top 6-8 position? I don't think we would. Retaining them toward the end of their contract is another thing.

Could someone confirm what length of contract each player has in the first, say, 16?

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/45212-squad-movements-summer-2014/#entry707119 Courtesy of Crusoe.

Jones was fantastic all game, he carried us forward and was non stop for 90 mins.

Kelly was excellent doing the dirty stuff and sitting won plenty of ball and kept it moving.

Great performance from Winchester in the first half, skilful and glided past players like they didnt exist. He faded second half which could potentially be to 90 mins in a more central position?

Jones MOM

Edited by palmer1

Looks a real player does Jones.

A very good athlete, with a cracking engine. Quick feet, a very assured touch, decent vision & good passing range, good set piece delivery and now a goal to go with that.

However, Liam Kelly should also not be missed out in this either. Unsung is our captain. He started poorly, but as his game time has increased; so too have the standard of his performances. He does so much work off the ball, and when he does have it, he ticks us over nicely. He reads play really well and is a very unselfish player. He's an 'under the radar' type; as alot of his work isn't flair or showey, but he's allowing Mike Jones to fully use his talents.

Its a very impressive partnership and long may it continue.