LJ

Guest Stanley30

Guest Stanley30

I think this highlights the importance of good young coaches taking their badges! This guy is top notch and seems to have a positive influence on all the players. His ability to develop them is due to his desire and his qualifications! I predict we can hold onto him this season and unless we get promoted he will be gone! My only request is that corny follows the same route with the next manager! Well done LJ and latic, good week now!

The next sale might be Jones.

The next game could be one of a few players, J Wilson and Winchester included.

I really believe this is the best squad in terms of depth, quality and work rate that we have had for an awful long time.

Ibhere, Forte, Dayton, Brown, Tidser on the bench. Kusunga, Elokobi and Morgan-Smith out for other reasons and Lockwood still to return.

For me now, the only place we seriously lack competition is Goal Keeper.

Getting his coaching badges doesn't mean he is a great manager it shows that Johnson has developed the ability to learn.

He's learned how to be a coach, and over the last 2 years he has taken that knowledge and he has learned how to be a manager. He's shown he can get a team to win in different ways i.e. We have a plan a, a plan b, and even a plan c.

He is still learning though I'm sure he would admit that, but it's great coming to boundary park now with a feeling that we are building towards something.

Edited by GlossopLatic

All credit to Simon Corney signing him to a long-term contract. A large number questioned that decision but credit where credits due, Simon Corney had the insight that the boy will come good.

Still too early but LJ's drive, determination and eye for a decent signing could build a legacy beyond this season. We have a squad with the quality and depth to have a great run in the league this season. Just hope we remain in the top 6-8 and then sneak the play-offs or dare I say it, automatic position. January will be a challenge keeping some of our players but LJs strengthened from that position already so I've no doubt he'd do the same again but I don't think we need to sell anyway.

If we got promotion or a run into the play-offs then LJ will attract interest from other clubs but will he walk? I don't think he would. It wouldnt surprise me if demonstrated immense loyalty and saw his project through even if we were to grace the Championship.

Now let's not get giddy, think a few of us are having nose bleeds.

Great start to the season.

Long time left. All positive up to now but let's not get ahead of ourselves, 6th place is our target

True but lets not forget to enjoy the moment. We are winning games we don't enjoy losing so let's enjoy winning.

We might end up petering out into mid table nothingness but for now I will be enjoying this cautious feeling of optimism that's being generated from the recent results.

Now let's not get giddy, think a few of us are having nose bleeds.

Great start to the season.

Long time left. All positive up to now but let's not get ahead of ourselves, 6th place is our target

It is a great start. We're over a quarter of the way through the season now, though. So not THAT early days really.

LJ is like Doctor Who - someone drops out (anybody) and he reinvents them in another body.

Tommy Wright 'has' improved us - that's what Lee Johnson signed him up to do.

My group were only agreeing today how strong we are looking, as an interchanging squad.

After our benefactors undoubted patience, we don't need to be looking too far for who has moulded the teams (on and off the pitch) together.

what's very impressive is we brought on 3 subs that each to their own can change a game, daytons changed games before, jabo gives us another option and forte's our top goalscorer - how good is that!

our top goalscorer probably won't even start next week.. very solid squad!

I think all most fans want to see is progress.

I'm not getting giddy yet, but what he is building looks very promising.

He's very shrewd in the transfer market. No manager since big Joe has done as well as Johnson IMO.

The biggest thing for me though, he does seem to learn from his mistakes. The team seem to be evolving in similar fashion to him personally. It's been a long, long, time since I've been to BP really fancying us- instead of blind hope.

The only issue ( if we keep going at this rate) will be keeping hold of him, but as others have said Corney put a lot of faith in him, the stand is going up, an he may feel he can really build something.