LJ

Guest Stanley30

He's brought in players who were possibly stalling at their previous clubs and actually want to play and further themselves, giving them a licence to prove what they can do and this season it seems to be paying off.

Rather like one of our ex managers who didn't do too bad a job for us!!!!

Not for one minute am I saying he's like big joe but he is certainly giving us a team who really could do special things if they stay together.

Now, where's that plastic pitch????

Why not?

Because we have a track record at being prick-teased by a stab at promotion only for it to end spectacularly badly in a mess of tears and Kleenex.

I'm not getting carried away because we're not exactly sweeping teams aside. We're edging through by one-goal margins and drawing quite a few. It IS good though, we look to have a good amount of depth but until we're really blowing teams away I still think teams will come to us, frustrate and burgle some points. For once though, we do look to have a bit more of a cutting edge than the last four seasons.

Because we have a track record at being prick-teased by a stab at promotion only for it to end spectacularly badly in a mess of tears and Kleenex.

I'm not getting carried away because we're not exactly sweeping teams aside. We're edging through by one-goal margins and drawing quite a few. It IS good though, we look to have a good amount of depth but until we're really blowing teams away I still think teams will come to us, frustrate and burgle some points. For once though, we do look to have a bit more of a cutting edge than the last four seasons.

If you're right surely that's more reason to get giddy during the good times?

What's going to happen if we fall short - will you turn into a pumpkin?

Edited by HarryBosch

My philosophy exactly. Enjoy it while we can. If it doesn't last, at least we enjoyed while it was good.

Not sure it was entirely Johnson's idea to bring Wright in...

But LJ, did sign him up to work along side him. Simply not being sure who's idea it was means your statement is a hunch without substance and meaningless.

LJ, not discussing it with people at the club who knew TW, before bringing him in, would have been strange. It would also have been out of character.

'The idea' could only come from 'one' person. Which one?? Or, just nail your colours to the mast and have a guess. Personally, I don't know.

Edited by mikeroyboy

Don't get me wrong, I'm really impressed with the team he's assembled, the style of football & the 'never say die' spirit we're cultivating right now. But if we fall short, and I've invested my emotions with the belief that this is 'it', the fallout just hurts even more.

My heart's fragile, that's all.

But LJ, did sign him up to work along side him. Simply not being sure who's idea it was means your statement is a hunch without substance and meaningless.

LJ, not discussing it with people at the club who knew TW, before bringing him in, would have been strange. It would also have been out of character.

'The idea' could only come from 'one' person. Which one?? Or, just nail your colours to the mast and have a guess. Personally, I don't know.

Indeed. A sign of good leadership is to be able to take advice on board when needed and to be able to work with others. Whether or not LJ was responsible doesn't matter, what does is that they seem to be working well together.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really impressed with the team he's assembled, the style of football & the 'never say die' spirit we're cultivating right now. But if we fall short, and I've invested my emotions with the belief that this is 'it', the fallout just hurts even more.

My heart's fragile, that's all.

Man up then :grin:

Indeed. A sign of good leadership is to be able to take advice on board when needed and to be able to work with others. Whether or not LJ was responsible doesn't matter, what does is that they seem to be working well together.

I won't take all the credit. :wink:

Edited by BP1960