Quietly moving up the table

It baffles me this "let's not get carried away" attitude.

What do you actually want/get out of going to football matches?

Don't want to sound like I'm having a pop but can't find a better way to word the question. I'm genuinely interested in the answers....

It's kind of like saying I don't want to ask that girl out on a date or I don't want to apply for that dream job I won't be able to take the rejection.

So what we might get to the playoffs be seconds away from going up then disaster we concede a stoppage time equaliser and lose on penalties.

So what if that happens it will be disappointing but so what? life will go on and we try again next year and tomorrow's another day.

It's kind of like saying I don't want to ask that girl out on a date or I don't want to apply for that dream job I won't be able to take the rejection.

So what we might get to the playoffs be seconds away from going up then disaster we concede a stoppage time equaliser and lose on penalties.

So what if that happens it will be disappointing but so what? life will go on and we try again next year and tomorrow's another day.

tomorrowcopy.jpg

Don't want to sound like I'm having a pop but can't find a better way to word the question. I'm genuinely interested in the answers....

Until we beat someone who I think will be a decent side, I can't get carried away.

We have beaten

Walsall,

Scunthorpe,

Doncaster,

Fleetwood.

None of which I expect to do much. The 2 JPT wins, whilst good had plenty of changes.

We have undoubtedly progressed, but we havent beaten anyone who has a chance of promotion yet....

Saturday is our chance

Edited by pukka

I'm just not putting all my eggs in one basket yet, I want to believe we can do it, there's certainly a lot suggesting we can do it but the realist in me remembers that there's a long way to go yet we've got a few tough games to get through before December and then we have to get through the January transfer window without losing too many of our key players, I hope we can do I really do but I wont be saying the P word until weve come over those two massive hurdles

PROMOTION.

I'm just not putting all my eggs in one basket yet, I want to believe we can do it, there's certainly a lot suggesting we can do it but the realist in me remembers that there's a long way to go yet we've got a few tough games to get through before December and then we have to get through the January transfer window without losing too many of our key players, I hope we can do I really do but I wont be saying the P word until weve come over those two massive hurdles

This for me.

All the signs are positive but it is too early to get carried away. I'm just enjoying it while I can.

Until we beat someone who I think will be a decent side, I can't get carried away.

We have beaten

Walsall,

Scunthorpe,

Doncaster,

Fleetwood.

None of which I expect to do much. The 2 JPT wins, whilst good had plenty of changes.

We have undoubtedly progressed, but we havent beaten anyone who has a chance of promotion yet....

Saturday is our chance

This for me, think we have had a run of favourable home games where you'd have been disappointed if we hadn't collected points.

People are starting to talk about us in good terms though and while you only get 3 points whoever you beat, if we can pick up a 'statement' win in the coming weeks then you might get me believing.

This.

I am getting carried away. Because I can.

I'm enjoying anticipation of the matches. I'm enjoying the matches. I'm enjoying celebrating after the match. I'm enjoying struggling to pick one man of the match. I'm enjoying not being worried if we go a goal down. I'm enjoying not being worried if a key player gets injured. I'm enjoying keep looking at the league table through to week just to remind myself we're higher than usual.

If it all turns to :censored: next week, I won't be too disheartened and it won't negatively affect my life. But I'm sure as hell going to let it positively affect my life while I can.

I've just eaten a whole bag of Haribo with 4 Red Bulls and I'm running round the office with my pants on my head shouting, "PROMOTION!!!!!"

I normally apply for the position, but its not worked so far, so I may try your method of getting up the corporate food chain.

I just don't want to get hurt again.

Get pissed; have a laugh; forget the preceding 90 minutes.

In all seriousness, if folk want to get carried away that's their lookout. I won't, as is mine. Who gives a :censored:? :lol:

I don't get carried away until after the January transfer window closes! No harm in a bit of excitement, but I do still think we're light up front and that could hurt us in tight games when there's a lot riding on it.

We have some good and dangerous players, but lack a really reliable cutting edge.

The interesting thing here is that it will make a massive difference to our club if the players themselves believe we are in with a shout!!

A confident team is generally dangerous, and whilst respectfully taking each game on its merits, I certainly hope they believe we are promotion contenders!!!