special mention to.....

Bottom of league 2 and struggling Tranmere.

Could have been us. Just goes to show if you don't survive this division its not just a case of fresh fixtures and bouncing right back....

Can't believe a few on here have said in the past they wouldn't be bothered going down due to boredom.

It does get boring being in L1 every year tho! Think we can safely say that no team has ever found their level, as much as latics!

It gets boring in League One if we lose most weeks. Enjoyed this season so far, though...

It gets boring in League One if we lose most weeks. Enjoyed this season so far, though...

Ditto, I think the poor starts we've had in recent seasons along with the situation at Tranmere has made me greatful that we've been competitive from the off this season. Especially as I was worried about the attacking options at the start of this season

All the rivals we have had over the years at this level are having an awful time at the moment. We have at one time or another had strong rivalries with stockport tranmere and blackpool. Two are sinking or have already sunk to the depths of oblivion and blackpool are currently the laughing stock of the football league. Whereas us, well we are building something. I know who i would rather support at the moment.