January Transfer Window

Bit early I know but at this rate it is going to define our season.

Who do we want to keep and/or be happy to lose?

Personally I'm of the opinion that James Wilson, Carl Winchester & Mike Jones need to be tied down with contract extensions ASAP.

I suppose you could add Elokobi and Philliskirk to that list also.

I can't see any of the others being that desirable and I'd be loathe to extend Forte's contract at this stage given the state of his knees.

I can't see Tidser staying on if he hardly gets any game time. If he goes back I'd be after another midfielder for cover.

I'd like to see Rhys Turner sent to the conference for a month or two as he has bulked up a bit and needs to prove himself in this last year.

Lastly I'd be after getting Wilkinson back for the rest of the season.

I want to keep them all. Reality tells me at least one will move on in January for a fee, possibly two.

I suppose a Winchester going and being replaced by Tidser would be ok.

But without bigger crowds, how can we afford to dish out longer / higher paid contracts to all of this group?

Edited by opinions4u

We're on the edge of an embargo 'cos we're spent up.

Assuming that means we can't offer increased contracts, then I fully expect at least one of the "out of contract at the end of the season" lot to be sold on in January.

We have a smaller squad wages appear to be the lowest paid in years yet we have nearly spent up ? we have pulled in £1 million on transfers out in the past year, we have sponsership agreements in place which we are told will take us to the next level yet we are skint ? Most of the squad are on peanuts as it is, ffp is a joke if anything it makes the gap between divisions even bigger, it doesnt add up to me.

It could be that up to 2 or 3 will be gone, if previous seasons are anything to go by?

It's all conjecture ATM, until something comes out about scouts from X club are watching Y player.

Though, on current performances and potential shown to date; any of the following could easily be cashed in on:

Carl Winchester

Danny Philliskirk

James Wilson

Mike Jones

George Elekobi

Johnathan Forte

If i were a betting man, i'd say Winchester would be the one. He had a stormer vs Hudds in pre-season, and it wouldnt surprise me if they have been watching him since...

Edited by slystallone

I could handle losing Winchester for 300k if some of the money were used to offer improved deals to the likes of James Wilson , Elikobi, or Jones.

However if players want to move on there's not much point in trying to keep them against their wishes.

wont it be paid from the moment they sign the contract?

I always thought a pay rise was after the old one had expired, that's how it was in my job, then again we are talking about football here which is not in the real world.

Its all speculation as other factors will be considered.

If come jan 15th we have just played at Old Trafford or the Emirates in the FA Cup and/or are 2 goals to the good in the Northern Area final of the JPT we might not need to lose someone. We could take a punt and think "this squad has potential, have another look in the summer. We have a windfall anyway"

If we are 6th but out if the JPT and lost to someone in the first / second round of the FA Cup, we might need to ship someone out.

I think we are getting a bit ahead of ourselves here. Lets not worry about January!

Injuries, form will all be looked at. Lets not forget we are only just starting to get results.

Edited by pukka

We have a smaller squad wages appear to be the lowest paid in years yet we have nearly spent up ? we have pulled in £1 million on transfers out in the past year, we have sponsership agreements in place which we are told will take us to the next level yet we are skint ? Most of the squad are on peanuts as it is, ffp is a joke if anything it makes the gap between divisions even bigger, it doesnt add up to me.

I don't get it either, I'm just going off what was said in the chron the other day.