LJ trying to galvanise Oldham through football

I'd not been to a game for nearly 3 seasons. I was fed up with loan players, players not giving 100% and the decent players we did have were always sold straight away. I've not been on here in that time as I was always moaning about the club etc

A friend of mine works as part of Barnsley's fitness team and managed to get us 3 free tickets for the JPT game the other night. We had to sit in the Barnsley end though! Had to stand up and "pretend" to be happy when Barnsley scored near the end!

As I'd not been for years I didn't hardly know any latics players at all. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with the way we played and the football was easy on the eye.

So, for the Walsall game I'd finished work early and thought I'll give it another try. (I paid £22 this time). I'd told my dad how well I thought we'd played on the Tuesday night v Barnsley, so persuaded him to come with me. He's not been for years either.

Again, we were both impressed and plan to go to the Coventry game.

I wouldn't say that I've only come back because we've gone unbeaten for 10 games. I only came back because I got a free ticket! I never intended on going again if I'm honest, I'd totally lost interest.

I'll probably go to a select few games this season as I still work some Saturdays but for now I'll give Lee Johnson a chance to win me over.

It was in the Chron tonight clubs sniffing around our players but dont worry he has better replacements lined up - you couldnt make it up, we build up momentum then start the merry go round up again.

I thought the Athleticos were supposed to be unerringly positive?

No-ones been sold yet but interest in players & the manager is what happens when you get in the top half of the table. If a few more supporters return then it gives an an opportunity to hold out for a better price so LJ can replace with better quality. I read the article as saying that LJ has plans to make sure the team's direction won't br too disrupted if one or two move on.

Maybe we offered Wilson a 2yr contract and he insisted on a 1 yr deal maybe we have offered him an extension to his current deal but he has no intrest in signing it ,he's 26 so can walk away at the end of his deal and get a signing on fee elsewhere the club can't make people sign contracts even if we go up this season there's no guarantee he will sign on the dotted line

I thought the Athleticos were supposed to be unerringly positive?

No-ones been sold yet but interest in players & the manager is what happens when you get in the top half of the table. If a few more supporters return then it gives an an opportunity to hold out for a better price so LJ can replace with better quality. I read the article as saying that LJ has plans to make sure the team's direction won't br too disrupted if one or two move on.

That's exactly how I read it. It's a positive article if anything, there are contingency plans in place if the inevitable interest in form players becomes something more concrete.

No talk of us looking or having to sell.

You cant build a team by keep selling your best players, Crewe have made plenty of money with many going to the top flight, but where is their clubs ambition to play higher than this league?

Many Latics fans feel the same, now there's some promise at last it appears the team building is to be disrupted again. Get Wilson at least on a long term contract SC and show you mean to keep a good team together.

I don't know the day to day workings of a football club, but I would have thought the manager has already said to SC "lets see if we can get Wilson on a longer contract".

What is to say that this hasn't already been discussed with Wilson himself, but he may be just happy at the moment to be playing regular 1st team football and enjoying himself. Lets get to the new year and see what happens. Give the club a chance before we start beating them with the :censored:ty stick.

You cant build a team by keep selling your best players, Crewe have made plenty of money with many going to the top flight, but where is their clubs ambition to play higher than this league?

Many Latics fans feel the same, now there's some promise at last it appears the team building is to be disrupted again. Get Wilson at least on a long term contract SC and show you mean to keep a good team together.

Crewe would be none league without the money they made from sales.

I don't know the day to day workings of a football club, but I would have thought the manager has already said to SC "lets see if we can get Wilson on a longer contract".

What is to say that this hasn't already been discussed with Wilson himself, but he may be just happy at the moment to be playing regular 1st team football and enjoying himself. Lets get to the new year and see what happens. Give the club a chance before we start beating them with the :censored:ty stick.

Basically this /\

So - no specific players mentioned, with no specific clubs identified who are "buying" then?

So, conjecture again then?

Lets see what Jan transfer window brings shall we before cries of same old Latics, always a selling club' start to ring out*

* we will always be a selling club mind, and i thought every fan knew that its the way it works?

My only concern with any 'increase the attendance' initiative is that over the years there is nothing more certain than this to guarantee an abject 0-1 home defeat ;-)

The only notable exception was Celebration Sunday.

Best football at BP for a while - early Dickov period I'd say was the last time I genuinely enjoyed the actual quality of football until recently.