11 Unbeaten

Excellent game. Could so easily have won it, but so could they. Apart from Dieng's occasional wayward passing, no one let us down today.

If Winchester's belter hadn't been beaten away by a full length Tommy Sodding Lee in the first 5 minutes, who knows what we may have done?

We were excellent at times going forward so in all a very good point and a most enjoyable afternoon.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was entertaining, 2 sides playing positive football, a draw was a fair result, liked the look of their number 5 Moores thought he was the best player on the park and for us Wilson J. once again imperious with Danny P not far behind. All credit to the manager for making us a joy to watch.

Just seen the goals, Dieng seems to have a problem judging the flight of the ball in the air, he lost his man too. It's a difficult situation for him though as a makeshift centre back.

I thought from the first couple of minutes he looked a bit uncomfortable again.

He's not been disastrous though to say just how short we are there.

I thought from the first couple of minutes he looked a bit uncomfortable again.

He's not been disastrous though to say just how short we are there.

For our fifth choice centre back (as I believe he is more suited to central midfield?) he is actually pretty damn good though it has to be said. A few shaky moments where he tried to over play but he also made some great tackles and played some decent balls out from the back. I'd like to see him get a start in the JPT in the midfield, give the captain or Jones a rest.

That was entertaining, 2 sides playing positive football, a draw was a fair result, liked the look of their number 5 Morsy thought he was the best player on the park and for us Wilson J. once again imperious with Danny P not far behind. All credit to the manager for making us a joy to watch.

Chesterfield fans seem to think he will be gone in January for over £1 million.

Edited by BP1960

I thought Johnson who seemed to have a free role looked their best player. Great composure and awareness, something you don't see too often In L1.

Wasn't he the one LJ wanted to sign but his dad at Yeovil put him off ?

His loan deal from Aston Villa ends in December so LJ might have another go in the January transfer window, maybe for a fee.

Edited by BP1960

Ibhere shouldnt start okay as an impact sub but them balls into the channels he looked like he was running in slow mo, Poleon showed glimpses of the ability he has ran their back line ragged at times, for me should be same 11 if Fortes not up to it start with Dayton who looked lively again when he came on. Only other issue may be Brian Wilson looked like he had tweeked something to me if so Kusunga to start at right back.

I'm not entirely sure that our midfield (good as players are individually) is entirely balanced at present.

I'm not convinced when Winchester slides right and feel Jones is a little wasted as a traditional wide player.

I also felt Kelly was left a little isolated at the base of the midfield at times - and was absolutely magnificent in keeping us in the game in their better spells.

I wouldn't mind seeing Dayton wide right but accept leaving out Winchester (and it would have to be him as I don't see how you could leave out Jones or Kelly) would be harsh in the extreme.

All in all, an excellent problem to think that we are looking at how to blend talented footballers into a successful team. Tidser was outstanding against Barnsley and hasn't played since!!

Posted · Hidden by Matt, October 20, 2014 - under review - reported by user Carole Grieve
Hidden by Matt, October 20, 2014 - under review - reported by user Carole Grieve

Things I note yesterday;

Doyle was in our pocket all afternoon - just shows our well our defence played even if Dieng is 3rd or4th choice as CB and was wobbly along with B Wilson to start with.

Their number 5 - Morsy? - was a tidy player. Yes a right dirty player, nipping at players and constantly on at Danny P but the sign of a quality defensive player, especially at our level.

We should have taken all three points, which is a measure of where we're going as Chesterfield look like a decent team and justifies their position in the league.

Our support was a credit to the club. Over 1,000 and the majority continued to sing throughout the game. Really proud of the turnout we generate at away matches, especially after all the years of constant battling and yo-yoing in this league. At the moment the atmosphere on and off the pitch has the feeling of Dowie's reign and Shez's soire into the play-offs...could we?!

Even managed to avoid sitting near Sweary Mary, which was a bonus too!

i see all this tinkering about with the team above then hear that Bristol City made their first (enforced ) change in nine games this season consistancy is the key

I agree with that, but its slightly complicated here by the fact that he did change the team in the JPT which showcased the ability in the squad.

We moved the ball with a pace in that game, that good as we have been subsequently, we've not quite matched.

What I am convinced by is that LJ will make a positive decision whether stcking or twisting - as judging by his comments he clearly feels we can improve!!