Geography Lesson

The teams we are due to play, or have played, this season that are in Yorkshire are:

Sheffield United

Bradford City

Doncaster Rovers

Barnsley

(Middlesborough- pre 1971 and if your a certain poster named after a former Spanish reserve CF)

That's it (currently)

Please can we not :censored: sing songs about teams like Chesterfield being inbred Yorkshire scum when Chesterfield is in Derbyshire and as far as I'm aware it always has been. It makes us look like the inbreds.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair (although i do think it was being sung today because some thought we were in Yorkshire) I do think we can sing it at whatever game we are at Yorkshire opponents or not. All it does is register our displeasure with Yorkshiremen in the same way we sing anti-Utd/City songs for example.

It's better sung at Yorkshire opponents but not the end of the world if it isn't.

To be fair (although i do think it was being sung today because some thought we were in Yorkshire) I do think we can sing it at whatever game we are at Yorkshire opponents or not. All it does is register our displeasure with Yorkshiremen in the same way we sing anti-Utd/City songs for example.

It's better sung at Yorkshire opponents but not the end of the world if it isn't.

As I've said before, isn't it just a declaration that we hate Yorkshire? Just like singing about hating Man U, City too, and Leeds...when we're not playing them?

I would definitely accept that argument if it was the "I'm a bastard" song; today's main anti-Yorkshire song was all about Yorkshire people being inbred "Your Mum's your Dad..." Etc.

It's probably just because it's one of my pet peeves and my pedantic nature that makes me find it so infuriating.

I would definitely accept that argument if it was the "I'm a bastard" song; today's main anti-Yorkshire song was all about Yorkshire people being inbred "Your Mum's your Dad..." Etc.

It's probably just because it's one of my pet peeves and my pedantic nature that makes me find it so infuriating.

Fair enough. I assumed it was 'I'm a bastard'.

There were definately quite a lot who thought we were in yorkshire, pointing at the chesterfield fans whilst singing about yorkshire suggests this anyway! All for singing anti yorkshire at any game but to think we were playing a yorkshire team today is actually a bit embarassing!

The teams we are due to play, or have played, this season that are in Yorkshire are:

Sheffield United

Bradford City

Doncaster Rovers

Barnsley

(Middlesborough- pre 1971 and if your a certain poster named after a former Spanish reserve CF)

That's it (currently)

Please can we not :censored: sing songs about teams like Chesterfield being inbred Yorkshire scum when Chesterfield is in Derbyshire and as far as I'm aware it always has been. It makes us look like the inbreds.

Maybe it was because Chesterfield don't like being referred to as Yorkshire same as Blackpool once said about us