• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9th August 2008 - Oldham 4-3 Millwall

23rd August 2008 - Oldham 4-0 Cheltenham

13th September 2008 - Oldham 2-0 MK Dons

(with away wins at Leeds and Tranmere, and an away point at Col U sandwiched in between. Part of an 8 match unbeaten run to start the season, ruined by a 3-1 thumping at Stockport - thanks Dan Jones!)

Wasn't our goal courtesy of Andy Liddell, straight from a corner?

My concern was crowd safety - a recall an issue with advertising hoardings on the RRE a few seasons back after high winds being a safety concern.

Given the general state of our facilities you'd hace to suspect there is a genuine risk of something being blown off ;-)

If the winds are <20mph by KO then it will be fine and hopefully our approach of passing to feet on the deck will mean that we are not too badly impacted (not sure on CCFC's style of play).

At least we don't have the 'joys' of the plastic pitch - have memories of goal kicks taking forever in high winds as the GK desperately tried to build a sandpile sufficent to prevent the ball being blown by the wind (and probably creating the greatest time-wasting opportunity ever). I even have a memory of a player lying down to hold a ball in place whilst another player took some form of dead ball? True or some fragmented memory distorted by time?

Predictions anyway for tonight? Not seen many in here.

Heart says 2-0 Oldham, don't think we will walk over them.

For some reason though I have a feeling it will be 1-1 which if we want to push for play offs we need to win games like these, even at this stage of the season.

9th August 2008 - Oldham 4-3 Millwall

23rd August 2008 - Oldham 4-0 Cheltenham

13th September 2008 - Oldham 2-0 MK Dons

(with away wins at Leeds and Tranmere, and an away point at Col U sandwiched in between. Part of an 8 match unbeaten run to start the season, ruined by a 3-1 thumping at Stockport - thanks Dan Jones!)

is the 3-1 at stockport the same one where we'd sold out and there was an overflow into their end, resulting in a latics fan being thrown down 20 flights of stairs and the game being stopped for 5-10 mins? never witnessed anything like that before, something similar happened at bury but not to the extent of that occasion at stockport! Edited by kieranmcandrew

is the 3-1 at stockport the same one where we'd sold out and there was an overflow into their end, resulting in a latics fan being thrown down 20 flights of stairs and the game being stopped for 5-10 mins? never witnessed anything like that before, something similar happened at bury but not to the extent of that occasion at stockport!

I wasn't there but wasn't there quite a few oldham fans in their end?

is the 3-1 at stockport the same one where we'd sold out and there was an overflow into their end, resulting in a latics fan being thrown down 20 flights of stairs and the game being stopped for 5-10 mins? never witnessed anything like that before, something similar happened at bury but not to the extent of that occasion at stockport!

there was a moron sat in the stockport end who cheered when we went 1-0 up. I was sat in the same stand but just kept quiet, wasn't hard.

I remember seeing a load of Latics fans spill to the front of their stand behind the goal after we'd scored and some even on to the pitch.

Fairly sure some poor sod got his ear bitten off! I remember reading it on here anyway.

But the thing I remember most is Craig Davies having an absolute shocker and missing a sitter. I think that was the moment our fans started to turn on him.

Predictions anyway for tonight? Not seen many in here.

Heart says 2-0 Oldham, don't think we will walk over them.

For some reason though I have a feeling it will be 1-1 which if we want to push for play offs we need to win games like these, even at this stage of the season.

We'll win and win well tonight and I'll be giddy as :censored: about it all

My concern was crowd safety - a recall an issue with advertising hoardings on the RRE a few seasons back after high winds being a safety concern.

Given the general state of our facilities you'd hace to suspect there is a genuine risk of something being blown off ;-)

If the winds are <20mph by KO then it will be fine and hopefully our approach of passing to feet on the deck will mean that we are not too badly impacted (not sure on CCFC's style of play).

At least we don't have the 'joys' of the plastic pitch - have memories of goal kicks taking forever in high winds as the GK desperately tried to build a sandpile sufficent to prevent the ball being blown by the wind (and probably creating the greatest time-wasting opportunity ever). I even have a memory of a player lying down to hold a ball in place whilst another player took some form of dead ball? True or some fragmented memory distorted by time?

Ha!

I remember that too.

Pretty sure it always seemed to be Andy Barlow who got the "lay on the floor, with your arm stretched out and your finger tips on the ball" dead ball position, to help Halworth etc with goal kicks and free kicks for offsides etc

Heady days...

Ha!

I remember that too.

Pretty sure it always seemed to be Andy Barlow who got the "lay on the floor, with your arm stretched out and your finger tips on the ball" dead ball position, to help Halworth etc with goal kicks and free kicks for offsides etc

Heady days...

Yep it was Pudding on a Muffin himself!

Between that and passing back to the goalkeeper time wasting was a fine art in those days

Team: Rachubka, Kusunga, Dieng, J.Wilson, Mills, Jones, Kelly, Dayton, Forte, Philliskirk, Ibehre (Subs - Brown, Winchester, Tidser, Bove, Poleon, Turner, Tyson)

Who's Paul Tyson? Youth player?

Just checked and Tyson is the youth keeper.