great result

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Undefeated run continues but that crowd tonight is unacceptable.....if we cant get over 4000 home fans in on Saturday then we cant complain if the club cashes in on one or two in January.

Poor crowd I agree but 'unacceptable'? Nah - just disappointing. Poor weather and midweek. Expect to see a few more in on Saturday.

Did I hear 3,200 right? Dread to think what it'd have been if we'd been on a poor run... Tonight is one of the games I'd have definitely sacked off last season. Chuffed. In fairness, they were poor but to brush someone aside 4-1 without really breaking sweat shows how far we've come.

Did I hear 3,200 right? Dread to think what it'd have been if we'd been on a poor run... Tonight is one of the games I'd have definitely sacked off last season. Chuffed. In fairness, they were poor but to brush someone aside 4-1 without really breaking sweat shows how far we've come.

Yeah, 3001 home fans I think, about 800 short of the home gate last time.

The crowd has been creeping up slowly but I imagine the sudden cold and pictures of trees falling all day pit people off.

It'll be a decent crowd on Saturday anyway...

We stuck to the principles of passing the ball quickly which nearly got us in trouble twice early on in the second half, would like to think we can trouble most teams in this division if we keep playing like this. Thought Kelly was outstanding, Dayton was as good as I have seen from him, and Timothee well done on a top performance, although if george is available for Saturday he may be a bit more robust to stand up to Hanson and the hoof ball.

Excellent performance and some clinical finishing.

I've massively changed my opinion on Liam Kelly I thought he was MOM tonight every time Coventry got it clear he was there to mop up win back possession and start another attack.

The crowds are something that will take quite along time and will require a sustained push on the top 6 for them to increase.

The way we are playing though it's only a matter of time before we win people over. It might take several months but their is no reason why we can't keep pushing up at the right end of the table into March April and May.

This season it's on!

Edited by GlossopLatic

Two home games in a week probably hits some too. Surely a good crowd on Saturday though. The team deserve getting behind now.

It'll be 7,000 on Saturday. At least. In fairness, Coventry mustered slightly more than 200, which is below average. Plus we're only rumoured to be playing well. Before tonight we had four victories from 13. I know there have been some excellent draws earned on the road but it's the wins and the points which will have a lot turning up.

Anyway, thought we were excellent again tonight. Our handling of the ball pleased me - a few silly errors, mind. The thing I'm most proud about is the work ethic. All four goals came about because we harassed and harried Coventry. We won the ball and we countered. One of the hardest, if not the hardest, teams I've witnessed play in Oldham Athletic colours. And I mean that.

Excellent performance and some clinical finishing.

I've massively changed my opinion on Liam Kelly I thought he was MOM tonight every time Coventry got it clear he was there to mop up win back possession and start another attack.

The crowds are something that will take quite along time and will require a sustained push on the top 6 for them to increase.

The way we are playing though it's only a matter of time before we win people over. It might take several months but their is no reason why we can't keep pushing up at the right end of the table into March April and May.

This season it's on!

I agree about Kelly,top performance, I thought Jones wasn't as effective as usual wide right. All in all though a good win.It seems LJ is picking his team according to the opposition and as Bradford will be more direct I think despite a thumping victory he might change the team again. Edited by BP1960

Coventry offered nothing and could be in a bit trouble however don't want to take away from the performance, completely controlled the game and just looked a good all round unit once again

To be fair they had 4 or 5 teenagers playing for them, we seemed to win most of the 50/50 balls, just that bit more experience.

We were decent without being fantastic - they were truely woeful, but as some have suggested that was at least in part due to the pressure placed on them in the top third!!

Was pleasing that we could change the balance, shape and make up of the team and still win so comfortably.

Kelly, Philliskirk and Forte the standouts for me, with a nod to an improving Mills.

Saturdays team will be interesting!!

Edited by whitey1980

I agree about Kelly,top performance, I thought Jones wasn't as effective as usual wide right. All in all though a good win.It seems LJ is picking his team according to the opposition and as Bradford will be more direct I think despite a thumping victory he might change the team again.

For that reason he might keep Kusunga in for set pieces and also ibhere who was also excellent scored one and made a lovely assist for the 3rd also made the ball stick a few times.

Elokobi to come back in for dieng and maybe Winchester for Dayton but those 2 didn't exactly disgrace themselves tonight.

We have options.

2 questions:

1. When was the last time three strikers scored in the same game for us?

2. When was the last time we had a striker hit double figures in the league by October?

Question 3. When was the last time we had such a strong squad with competition for places.