great result

Good result, dominant performance though not as flowing in terms of attack compared to a few of the recent games IMO - that said we scored 4 and could have more and the conditions did't help.

Attendance is disappointing - and there will be all manner of reasons (I still haven't fully warmed up yet!) but still just over 3000 is below what I'd expect. Perhaps that the league table is the reason? Despite the good run we are still 8th and outside the Play-Offs and have played more games - on paper it doesn't look as good as it feels when you are at the games.

Bradford on a Saturday will see a few more Latics fans (and away fans) - perhaps an exciting close fought victory moving us into the top 6 will be enough to see crowds return on a more regular basis.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Ibehre was key to that win tonight, played his part in the first and third goals and scored the fourth.

Ps - that flick he did to set up forte for the third was sensational.

Fully agree was the key to tonights victory and put a shift and got a fully deserved goal.

I personally thought that Coventry hitting the post right at the start of the 2nd half was the turning point as if that went in the game could have gone either way.

But what impresses me the most about this team is from the goalie to our forwards everyone is comfortable on the ball and we look threatening everytime we go forward.

I personally thought that Coventry hitting the post right at the start of the 2nd half was the turning point as if that went in the game could have gone either way.

I said the same thing. One key element of a successful side is a bit of luck. The penalty on Saturday and that last night.

We certainly have to capitalise on it, but it's good to get it.

I've been supported Oldham for so long now to remain cautiously pessimistic despite the signs of progress and optimism.

As someone said; we've played more games than those around us, too many draws, goal difference isn't great but improving and we're Oldham so expect injuries, loss of form, player sales etc to destroy two of the four wheels on our wagon.

That said; we're in form and 12 games unbeaten with a squad that has the greatest depth and quality throughout that we haven't had for a long while. If LJ can keep the bandwagon rolling then this season could be the season for us.

The rumblings that Ofana has been seen in the main stand suggests that we may see one in, one out in midfield. We need to remain consistent and keep a productive first eleven that's winning or drawing...

...the question is; do we need to sell? Jones and Kelly are on decent length contracts. Wilson, Lockwood and Elokobi are contracted until end of season so we should be entering contract extension talks to keep the side together into next season either foe a further assault on play-off win/promotion or IF we secure one or the other this season then a decent side capable of fighting our corner in the Championship.

For the first time in years the future success of the club on the pitch is in the hands of manager and owner - please, please, please don't wreck this opportunity!!!

Edited by Midsblue

Lets get the place rocking on Saturday. Rochdale are away so I've mithered 2 Dale supporting mates to come down and experience an atmosphere!

If everyone sticks it on Facebook, Twitter etc. and drags a mate or two along, we could realistically push for over 8,000, especially as - like rudemedic pointed out - payday for a lot of people is on Friday!

Let's really push it and don't take no for an answer! It's a big game this against a local team who'll no doubt bring a couple of thousand. Big chance for us to do our bit and fill our ends!

I've been supported Oldham for so long now to remain cautiously pessimistic despite the signs of progress and optimism.

As someone said; we've played more games than those around us, too many draws, goal difference isn't great but improving and we're Oldham so expect injuries, loss of form, player sales etc to destroy two of the four wheels on our wagon.

That said; we're in form and 12 games unbeaten with a squad that has the greatest depth and quality throughout that we haven't had for a long while. If LJ can keep the bandwagon rolling then this season could be the season for us.

The rumblings that Ofana has been seen in the main stand suggests that we may see one in, one out in midfield. We need to remain consistent and keep a productive first eleven that's winning or drawing...

We are still 1 player away within the first team so perhaps Ofana will simply replace Tidser and push for that starting place, Simples!

Edited by ChaddySmoker

...the question is; do we need to sell? Jones and Kelly are on decent length contracts. Wilson, Lockwood and Elokobi are contracted until end of season so we should be entering contract extension talks to keep the side together into next season either foe a further assault on play-off win/promotion or IF we secure one or the other this season then a decent side capable of fighting our corner in the Championship.

For the first time in years the future success of the club on the pitch is in the hands of manager and owner - please, please, please don't wreck this opportunity!!!

It is the fans that have the opportunity in their hands, stump up the cash to enable the owner to offer the contracts that could tempt a player to stay and be part of something. Corney doesn't have the deepest pockets, let us fans make them a bit deeper by putting our hands in ours.

Money through the gate, Latics related tat (when available) for the kids at Xmas, get them hooked early securing the next generation of fans, use the official car park or just throw your money at Corney when you see him in the street (some would like to do that)!

They were all immense last night. Like Kelly, Mills' improvement has been phenomenal. Special mentions for Dieng and Dayton as well - was that Dayton who tried to chip the 'keeper from 45 yards and hit the bar?? Unbelievable!

The gate was bit of a kick in the balls - a lot of the reasoning listed on here as to why it was so low could also be thrown at Tranmere (plus the small matter of them being bottom of the entire football league and :censored:e) yet even they got a bigger gate than us last night. Just got to get on with it, though - don't think anything the club does will guarentee an increase.

Fair play to those that did turn up - great atmosphere at times.

If we're still up there in January and start selling players, that might the point where I lose interest.

That would be a clear sign from the club that they couldn't care less about getting promoted. that we have to sell because not enough fans come through the gate for us to afford said players.

FTFY.

If we're still up there in January and start selling players, that might the point where I lose interest.

That would be a clear sign from the club that they couldn't care less about getting promoted.

Not true - more a case that despite still bring up there , fans aren't turning up and we are very short of money

So if all the players we signed were awful, and nobody wanted them, we could have kept them for the season? But if we're doing well we have to sell them at the first chance?

I can handle us doing poorly, but I don't think I could accept us selling our best players if we were in the top six.

So if all the players we signed were awful, and nobody wanted them, we could have kept them for the season? But if we're doing well we have to sell them at the first chance?

Well, yeah. We've got to balance the books and if the crowds arn't going to help with that, we have to be grateful for sellable assets..

It was discussed how much we'd take for Forte come January if he's carried on scoring & Championship sides come knocking - £200k was mentioned but I think at his age, with his experience, with his Southampton pedigree and with 20 goals in the bag even we would be able to negotiate £1m+, wouldn't we?

It was discussed how much we'd take for Forte come January if he's carried on scoring & Championship sides come knocking - £200k was mentioned but I think at his age, with his experience, with his Southampton pedigree and with 20 goals in the bag even we would be able to negotiate £1m+, wouldn't we?

Not with his knees. While a club like ours has to take risks others may not be tempted to risk spending so much. I am not saying he will never be sold It's just that i don't think it will be for that much.

Not with his knees. While a club like ours has to take risks others may not be tempted to risk spending so much. I am not saying he will never be sold It's just that i don't think it will be for that much.

How long does he have to play & score goals for without a knee injury for his knees to no longer be an issue?