great result

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bumped into a Latics supporter earlier this evening. A young lad in a Manchester City strip was stood next to his father who was getting some money from the ATM. We were talking about yesterday's game (I was describing, my mate was working last night) and we were laughing and talking excitedly about our result against Coventry. The young'un just stared. He looked about 10 year old, therefore hardly remembering, if not talking properly, the last time the town talked happily about Oldham Athletic.

It felt brilliant.

Dayton was brilliant last night for the most part, don't think he'll start on Saturday though... but that's what Lee Johnson does, adapts his team to suit the opponents! Bradford far too physical for dayton

Kelly's shot that hit the bar (keeper saved)

I'm not his biggest fan, but credit where it's due, along with basically the rest of the side; Dayton had a very good game last night.

But he is not quite good enough! As a club we need to be looking at the next improvement which I said before the season started was Petrasso or a goalscoring winger like him who can actually sometimes beat a man and cut in or cross the ball against better defences than Coventry. We shouldnt rest on our laurels!

I find it ashonishing that people think Dayton had a good game on Tuesday wow...

He beat the right back once and then turned back to go back to Mills he was outfought and easily pushed off the ball all game and spent more time picking himself up off the floor and people want him to play central :laught30:

I think he put one cross in of interest other than that all he did all night was receive the ball then look to go back to Mills and didnt take any ownership of ball all game.

Aside from a couple of worldys he has scored which he has in his locker i would say his time with us has been disappointing.

The only time he has ever looked threatening in games is when we have been losing, and chasing a game and he was playing on the right cutting inside a la his goal at Bristol City but even when doing this 8/10 his final ball was poor.

Edited by Postman Matt

But he is not quite good enough! As a club we need to be looking at the next improvement which I said before the season started was Petrasso or a goalscoring winger like him who can actually sometimes beat a man and cut in or cross the ball against better defences than Coventry. We shouldnt rest on our laurels!

Player who provided the most assists for the team last season,not good enough?

Did you notice that every time he was picking himself off the floor, he had won us a free kick, which allowed us to get a decent set piece in and around their box.

That to me, contributed to an excellent all round performance from everyone. Every player played their part on Tuesday in their own way.

When he has the ball, he doesn't just have to bomb down the wing and put in a cross to be seen as having a good game.

I find it ashonishing that people think Dayton had a good game on Tuesday wow...

He beat the right back once and then turned back to go back to Mills he was outfought and easily pushed off the ball all game and spent more time picking himself up off the floor and people want him to play central :laught30:

I think he put one cross in of interest other than that all he did all night was receive the ball then look to go back to Mills and didnt take any ownership of ball all game.

Aside from a couple of worldys he has scored which he has in his locker i would say his time with us has been disappointing.

Agreed, yes Matt I agree, but nevertheless a squad player who can fill it!

Player who provided the most assists for the team last season,not good enough?

Lies, damned lies and statistics! In LJ I trust and he doesnt pick him often!

Before some idiot comes along as says 'i havent read all this thread but why do we have to pick on a player whilst we are winning?' I merely pointed out that, in my humble opinion, we are still 1 player short on the first 11 (even though the Goalie is not giving me much confidence.) Someone asked who so I told them.

No-one has provided any justiciation why Dayton should be picked every week in the first team!

Jones should be playing centrally with Kelly, no doubts. We need width from others.

So the style of play (narrow diamond) that has seen us batter Coventry, create about 25 chances against Barnsley, draw and match an excellent Chesterfield outfit at their place and come from behind well to beat Walsall needs to be altered?

Hmmm.

Only debate is surely Winchester or Dayton.

Edited by eyres_28

Lies, damned lies and statistics! In LJ I trust and he doesnt pick him often!

Before some idiot comes along as says 'i havent read all this thread but why do we have to pick on a player whilst we are winning?' I merely pointed out that, in my humble opinion, we are still 1 player short on the first 11 (even though the Goalie is not giving me much confidence.) Someone asked who so I told them.

No-one has provided any justiciation why Dayton should be picked every week in the first team!

But he's not one of the main first 11 surely? Winchester is. So you've said we're one short on the first team but then said you'd replace a sub.

Although it's a moot point really, there will always be better players out there than we have.