Rochdale

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't see what you're so surprised about, it's been some time since we've had a full stand join in with a song regularly and even longer since the main stand joined in. And longer still since the main stand started their own songs!

I'm with Harry on this. We'll take over Dale, before the game, be a very rowdy 3,000+ fans during the game, (and on recent attendances at Spotland have more fans than them) and then take over Dale after the game The one game a drum is not required is Dale away.

I don't like the drum for decent followings. Didn't like it at Chesterfield - that rugby league drum chant every time we got a corner or had a chance was a bit annoying, and fans also wait for the drum rather than do some singing themselves.

You don't go to a game with 3000 fans and sing LJBWA all game...that's a home games thing.

I'm with Harry on this. We'll take over Dale, before the game, be a very rowdy 3,000+ fans during the game, (and on recent attendances at Spotland have more fans than them) and then take over Dale after the game The one game a drum is not required is Dale away.

I could name 45 more..... :grin:

I think the drum is being used well and works/helps as shown by the songs that are working well at the minute.

Don't think ppl are waiting for it at all. Loads of songs started spontaneously on Saturday.

Used well the drum can give chants extra power - noticed when it wasn't used on Sat that at times diff parts of stand we're singing diff songs; and can add legs, and/or a second wind after an interval of just singing. This helps keep songs going for a long time - Great Escape v Everton; lJBAWA etc

Each to their own. Even if the drum is present, it can be used cautiously or just for the odd song rather than loads. Been impressed do darling the relative restraint and savvyness of its usage to be honest.

Rochdale is arguably going to be the toughest game for us in the next 4/5 weeks and that includes the trips to Bristol City who Bradford proved teams can take points off them.

The dingles will raise their game against us even if they are outnumbered in the stadium Keith Hill will have them fully wound up but i cant wait for that fixture just hope the weather is ok and it goes ahead on that Saturday.

The main reason I said it is that with a number of songs/chants fans normally just keep singing faster and faster until it's ruined after 30 seconds. The drum kinda helps people keep pace

To be fair Ryan (FLAGMAN) has been using the drum once songs have started up for this very reason, it slows the song down and helps everyone keep in time, LJBWA without a drum wouldnt be possible to maintain without the drum for more than a couple of minutes.

To be fair Ryan (FLAGMAN) has been using the drum once songs have started up for this very reason, it slows the song down and helps everyone keep in time, LJBWA without a drum wouldnt be possible to maintain without the drum for more than a couple of minutes.

LJBAWA went on for quite a while in the rocky last night with no drum. I do like the drum but think it only needs to be used speradically as previously stated.

Going to be a great day. I think we will easy sell out with maybe a few in there end aswell? Drum or not, I'm sure a fair amount of noise will be made. I remember the night match which got called off and it was all set up for a cracking atmosphere. All standing and singing. Same can't be said about the rescheduled fixture.

LJBAWA went on for quite a while in the rocky last night with no drum. I do like the drum but think it only needs to be used speradically as previously stated.

LJBWA (and earlier versions) has kept going with nothing more than me and Mr Tulsehill being pissed on a number of occasions. If Flag man judges it well it could add. Less is more.