Home Shirts - printing

Anybody else had a problem with getting the new shirts printed. My son has just been into the Sports Direct Shop on Kingsway Rochdale and, whilst they had plenty of shirts, once he asked for it to be printed with a name and number he got a 'numb' look. A subsequent conversation with the store manager revealed that they only printed 'Premier' league shirts and he doubted the Oldham shop would be any different.

Is this the standard we are now going to have to put up with from our partner store? Has anyone else struggled to get our shirt printed? HELP!!

Am I missing something fundamental to the complicated world of sportswear or is it not the same job whether it goes on an Oldham top, a United top or a plain t shirt?

It's different to the Premier League one, could be wrong but you'll be doing well to find it anywhere other the club shop.

It's different to the Premier League one, could be wrong but you'll be doing well to find it anywhere other the club shop.

Pardon my bluntness but, as we have now sold our soul to the devil - we don't seem to have a 'club shop' anymore - certainly not for the foreseeable future. So what is the official club view - do we not need the royalties from £ 50+ shirt sales anymore (shirt plus number plus name £54). If we are looking to keep our better players and boost the coffers we need every little bit of money we can get - or are we just giving up on the replica kit deal.

I also got my lads new home shirt from SD Kingsway but was told that as this shop is fairly new they didn't offer shirt printing but hoped to do so in a few weeks.

As my lad was nagging me to death about it I ended up going to SD Bury and getting it printed for £12.

Sports Direct got into trouble after the one in the Arndale printed '96 NOT ENOUGH' on a United shirt a few years ago. The worker who did acted soft and claimed he had no idea what it was referring to, so SD announced that they would only print registered players' names and numbers in future. Possibly all common sense has gone out of the window and they won't print the names of lesser well known players until they've cleared it with their manager. Which would be ridiculous, but believable.

just seen the home and away shirts for the first time today, noticed they changed the printing of the 'sports direct' logo on the front and the home strip looks a lot less cheap... still very very basic though. ah well, not like I was getting one i went im for some even cheaper ankle guards!

Sports Direct got into trouble after the one in the Arndale printed '96 NOT ENOUGH' on a United shirt a few years ago. The worker who did acted soft and claimed he had no idea what it was referring to, so SD announced that they would only print registered players' names and numbers in future. Possibly all common sense has gone out of the window and they won't print the names of lesser well known players until they've cleared it with their manager. Which would be ridiculous, but believable.

'Can I get 'WILSON' on the back of my Oldham shirt, please?'

'Sorry, can't do that I'm afraid.'

'Oh. I also have my Dortmund shirt with me. Please can you print 'BENDER' on that?'

'Why of course, sir. Five minutes.'