Paul Murray for Hartlepool ?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the one hand it could be a tough decision for him - it'd be a thankless task and his stock could rise higher if he's stays to be part of a successful team here.

On the other hand, as Dickov used to say, there are only 92 of these jobs and it should be a privilege to have any one of them.

Thirdly, these manager markets have been very unreliable of late. Let's hope that the case again

Is that the winger from a few weeks ago BP?

Yes, not heard anything so either they haven't seen him or he didn't do enough.

Mind you, they can't do anything while January anyway as he's under contract.

Edited by BP1960

Mind you, they can't do anything while January anyway as he's under contract.[/quoting

If he his as good as you say he his surly from a football perspective it's better he gets game time

Mind you, they can't do anything while January anyway as he's under contract.[/quoting

If he his as good as you say he his surly from a football perspective it's better he gets game time

I could well be wrong and he may not be as good as I say, it's all about opinions. There may be background issues I don't know about.

One coach I knew at a top flight club thought Chris Waddle wasn't worth game time and rated him as only non league player, another club felt differently and gave him a chance, You can't win them all.

Edited by BP1960

Good luck to Murray, if he gets the job. I can't see LJ being too worried - he has become quite adept at replacing key players with like-for-like or better.

Adam Lockwood would be worthy of consideration for the coaching pool. And a seamless transition.

Edited by mikeroyboy

Would never want to stand in the way of someone developing their career, particularly someone that has always seemed to be a good servant to the club and it is a club that he obviously has an affinity to.

However back room staff changes are difficult to predict the impact and selfishly I am concerned about the impact his loss (or even the uncertainty of him maybe leaving) could have.

Chelsea fell apart under Ancellotti when Wilkins left, the loss of the Anfield Bootroom was blamed for their fall from grace far more than any change in manager, and Fergie is hinting that Moyes biggest mistake was not holding on to back room staff.

Feel like there is momentum, genuine positivity and a good wider team ethic at BP this season but it might take a lot to disrupt that...

I could well be wrong and he may not be as good as I say, it's all about opinions. There may be background issues I don't know about.

One coach I knew at a top flight club thought Chris Waddle wasn't worth game time and rated him as only non league player, another club felt differently and gave him a chance, You can't win them all.

I understand that but you missed my point you say he his good if he aint playing or rotting in a reserve team will do him no good.

I understand that but you missed my point you say he his good if he aint playing or rotting in a reserve team will do him no good.

He plays twice a week now so it's probably difficult for him to get a run out at the Latics, my suggestion was a weeks trial when he has no competitive games for his club, not sure if the Latics can fix that up or not.

He certainly has the ability to go higher and I know he's turned down offers previously, maybe he has a good job and is happy where he is, time will tell.

At one time I would have gone into all background details before a recommendation, but now I'm just an observer and pass on what I see on the field of play.

Edited by BP1960

BUGGAR

Obviously I wish Paul Murray well but the selfish side of me wants the currant set up at Boundary Park to remain.

Time will certainly tell how much an influence PM was on our run.

Lets hope he was not instrumental.

Bit of a bugger so close the Brizzle game, but lets hope it a case of "Win it for Muzza".