Hardest game on this run... Bradford

I think people are going to disagree here but, I think Saturday is the hardest game for a while. Mentally its a more difficult game than Bristol City a week on Saturday. Bristol are at home, top of the league and will go for it, its simple - no motivation needed.

Bradford are a pretty direct side, a decent side, but quite direct. Hanson is a real handful. We have in the main come up against passing sides on this run. Teams that we can try to match. If we get into a long ball battle, we wont win. Its vital that we keep the ball. Impose our game on them. Ive no doubt that we can get all three points.

Its the kind of game we have failed to do so in the past. We have quite often gone to top sides and grabbed a point or 3, but games like Saturday are often our downfall.

3 points on Saturday are exactly the kind of games on which promotion sides are built.

Edited by pukka

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be one of the easiest teams for our scouts to analyse. Their tactics are always launch it to Hansen and see what happens.

But just because we know what's coming doesn't mean it will be easy to deal with. Hansen is usually very effective and the rest of their team is organised and difficult to break down.

I think we've got enough about us not to lose but it'll be a hard fought win if we get it.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

We will put at least 3 past Bratfurd no dangers they are awful.

Anything other than 3 points will be seen as a major failure.

They're much better away from home - only lost 1.

This wont be easy and I'd take a scrappy 1-0 all day.

There much better away from home because to be fair to their fans they can make a racket but an early goal and high tempo pressing game like we did against Coventry should be enough again IMO, they are also quite fickle BCFC fans so if we do get into a commanding position watch how quickly they turn on the players.

We've had the wood over them since their promotion, pace the key for me, expecting to see Poleon in for Ibhere, be great to have Elokobi back.

Start with the same starting 11 that we had on Tuesday...Jabo was really effective and had a hand in 2 of our 3 first half goals.

Get in front, they will then have to come out, leaving space in behind. That's when it's time for Poleon.

Anything other than 3 points will be seen as a major failure.

I'm not like a United fan, we don't have a god given right to win every game.

Bradford are a decent side with some good players and they'll have a decent following.

On the way home from Chesterfield I said four points from the next two games and I'll be happy.

A draw is a Major failure? No.

Don't think any team in this division (or in many other divisions for that matter) turn up thinking its a forgone conclusion.

Got an away point at Bristol on Tuesday and according to my Bristol mate who went had chances to nick all three. Previous good records mean nothing (ask Coventry who until this week generally enjoyed playing us), good away support, and only 3 points behind us in the table.

If we were in their position we'd be going into this fancying our chances and urging ourselves to get behind the team and roar them on to victory having played well against a tougher opponent days previously.

Treat the game with respect and caution. Hope the players do the same

I'm not like a United fan, we don't have a god given right to win every game.

Bradford are a decent side with some good players and they'll have a decent following.

On the way home from Chesterfield I said four points from the next two games and I'll be happy.

A draw is a Major failure? No.

Hoof! 3 points are demanded by me, their fans are not confident in their team at all! Hoof!

Playing against Bradford is never easy, there are no easy games in League One but I agree Bradford can be one of the toughest with the style of play they produce.

They have the long ball to Hanson but I think that has taken a little less effect since Wells has gone to Huddersfield. That said if their striker along with Hanson is on his game we may well struggle to contain it. I think Dieng has been fine at centre back, nothing spectacular but played very well the other night.

I personally would keep the same team, no need to rush our injured players back like Elekobi or Wilson, I also think Kusunga can help with the aerial threat of Hanson doubling up on him with Dieng, seeing Kelly slot into centre back on the many occasions that we will see this happen on Saturday.

Play our own game when we have the ball and we will be fine, we have pace, precision and have had so far players who are cool in front of goal. Should we be organised defensively like we have been over the past 12 games we have a very good chance of winning the game.

That said a point wouldn't be a massive failure and I said coming away from Chesterfield too that 4 points out of 2 home games will be good enough for me, I do think and believe we can win this game but it's football, anything can happen!

There is this assumption by a lot of Football fans that because a team plays long ball they're automatically terrible. But especially at our level it often works, especially with the right players and Bradford are a team with those sort of players.

We keep the ball to a decent standard, but we're not Bayern Munich and they will get their chances. These teams have a knack of winning a game despite being dominated, therefore it is vital that we're as clinical as we were on Tuesday.

James Hanson is possibly one of the worst players i have ever seen he is a big lug who only looks good against defenders who dont fancy a bit of physical, i fully expect if he plays for James Wilson to show the class act that he is and mark him out the game. Aaron McClean is past it yes LJ has admired him in the past he would be an Oldham player if LJ wanted him that much.

They only looked threatening last year when a 56yr old centre midfielder shooting from everywhere and that included in his own half and when Adam Reach (on loan) had the ball they have neither of them now.

I work with a season ticket holder and he called Tuesday correct and fully expects a drubbing on Saturday as they cant put in 2 performances the same, now that does sound familar in yesteryear.

4 Home wins on the bounce come 5pm Saturday

#oneteamonedeam

#eieieio

#ohwhentheblues

#3pts

#latepush

#nandos

#anywherein10minutes

#callme

#keepthefaith

#oafc

Tough game saturday, can't see it being a walk over similar to Coventry. They do play hoofball which can be effective but like someone else said this seemed to work better for them with hansen knocking down to Wells and I haven't really been impressed with Mclean for them so far (who I would have liked to see us sign - I know we were linked with him).

We are however the more technically gifted side and so far I'm yet to see a better side at knocking the ball about than us (maybe posh) and on our day we have enough to beat any team in this league.

I think would bring Winchester in For Dayton for this one but keep the rest the same, 1 because I think (Almost) a full rest on tuesday will have done him a world of good as he looked knakard at Chesterfield and 2 although he Winchester isn't the bulkiest I think Dayton will get bullied by Bradford. They are a big physical side so Jabo may be useful in battling/getting the ball down and bringing others into play. Save Poleon for the last 20 when we are hopefully ahead - his pace should cause them all sorts of problems when they are a bit leggy towards the end.

I said after Chesterfield too I would be happy with a win against Coventry and a point against Bradford - I'm going 1-1 again but I said that for Coventry and was miles off!

If we continue to replicate the performance from the match before we'll create chances and will probably score. It's up to Parkinson and his players to perform to our standards in order to cope and compete. If they don't, I think we'll win. As long as we continue to work tirelessly and our attitude is perfect we'll do well.

However, I won't be heading into any game expecting three points. We need to be realistic and/or retain a sense that we're the underdog.

I'd like to see Winchester come back into the side. We create chances without him - we showed that on Tuesday - but he can do that utterly unpredictable thing, which, if Bradford possess a relatively slow backline, will leave them all over the shop.

I'll be delighted with a victory of any sort. Ecstatic if we control, dominate and win comfortably.

Edited by UpTheLatics