Elokobi setback

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are Playershare insured for such eventualities?

Such insurance wouldn't be possible as we don't, and can't hold any rights to the player whatso ever. If the funded player gets injured, i suppose that's football and we can't legislate for that but this season goes to show what quality that extra money is able to bring in. We are also on track to possibly bring a second player in when January comes around if requested, which would be the 1st time we have been able to part-fund 2 players at once! Thank you to everyone who contributes!

With his experience and character, the playershare money is worth paying to have someone like Big George in and around the club & dressing room regardless of him being on the pitch or not.

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

With his experience and character, the playershare money is worth paying to have someone like Big George in and around the club & dressing room regardless of him being on the pitch or not.

Sorry but thats rubbish....

I know there is a George Elokobi love in but latics as a club cannot afford to pay people to support the team no matter where the money comes from.

He needs to get fit asap like anybody else, hopefully its a matter of weeks.

Edited by palmer1

Where's rudemedic when he's needed?

Yo! The link Simpo posted seems relatively self-explanatory.

It certainly doesn't seem likely that we will see George in 2014. If the physios can break it up using ultrasound it would be better as he is more likely to be out for less, but there will be risks involved in that and it will be far from guaranteed

To give you an idea, someone I know had one, he didn't play competitive sport at the level he was at (a very good one) for 3 months.

If he can't play give him the coaching job.

Sorry but thats rubbish....

I know there is a George Elokobi love in but latics as a club cannot afford to pay people to support the team no matter where the money comes from.

He needs to get fit asap like anybody else, hopefully its a matter of weeks.

Of course we'd rather have him fit and on the pitch but I was looking at it from a playershare point of view.

I'd personally rather the money went on someone like Elokobi who can contribute whether on the pitch or not, than it went on somebody like Edijs Joksts who was gash and hardly played.

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

So its fine for one not to play but not for the other because everybody likes his attitude? Joksts may have been very likeable behind the scenes.

What does he contribute when not playing?

Nobody can be a passenger when we don't have money to spend.

Edited by palmer1