• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 4300 tics today?.........from the mainstand the Chaddy looked to Have 3000 in there so the mainstand was only half full...surely thats wrong.

If true thats really poor and not à great following from Bradford either.

Wasn't it the highest home following this season?

We have 2 home league games before Christmas against two very poorly away supported teams. Crawley & Yeovil! Surely, it's time for an offer to be put out to encourage a bigger crowd at both games.

Maybe could even add the JPT game into an offer to get the attendance for that a bit higher!

We have 2 home league games before Christmas against two very poorly away supported teams. Crawley & Yeovil! Surely, it's time for an offer to be put out to encourage a bigger crowd at both games.

Maybe could even add the JPT game into an offer to get the attendance for that a bit higher!

why? let's get a true figure... charge the same price we would for any league game if people want to turn up because we're doing well - let them, if people don't want to get behind their team when doing well - then I don't know what's wrong.

Hard to believe that there were less Latics there today than for the same fixture last season after the dire start to that campaign.

If the figures are correct - it looked like the Chaddy and Main Stand were virtually full from where I sat - it's quite disappointing we didn't even break 4500. Looks like it's going to take a lot to get these stayaways back...

The crowds will take time before they really go up its a gradual process

Those 4300 who went today will have gone home happy and that means they are more likely to come back and also tell more people about the fact they have seen a Latics team win, go to 13 matches unbeaten and now break into the top 6.

Keep winning and overtime the crowds will come.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Promotion will get them back. Good performances and creeping up the league will get a few in but to really notice a difference promotion is needed. Attendances are always fiddled anyway, there's about 6000 between the main and chaddy, no way there were 1700 empty seats between the two.

Its a :censored:ing fiddle if half them seats in that ground where empty then im the King of England makes us look :censored:in tinpot, dont moan about the crowd when your cooking the :censored:in books.

Bradford commentators said 1500 from them so that's already 3100 empty seats (RRE holds 4600).

Bradford commentators said 1500 from them so that's already 3100 empty seats (RRE holds 4600).

The Bradford portion of the gate looked about right. Quite a few empty seats in their section. It was the home bit I would be questioning. But quite frankly, the attendance is just a number it's what we make from those attending that really matters.

Missed opportunity today. We should have knocked a fiver off the entry for a "high profile" game like this. Then offer those that came in a 3 pound voucher off the next home game.

In pure financial return terms it's not good to reduce prices when there's a large away following

we don't need special offers.

Latics have tried them all.

Keep playing attractive football at home and more will come.

We have had 5 years with rubbish style football and poor results at home.

Spot on. It goes further than that, too. There's been little-to-no hope on the football front for years. The last promotion gained by either the main football and rugby league club in Oldham was over 20 years ago.

I'd love to see the supporters come back but I'm certainly not going to criticise those who fail to come running down Sheepfoot Lane on a Saturday afternoon. My aim is to tell those who have stopped attending matches about how well we're performing this season. If they take a few fixtures in I'll be happy, but I won't lose much sleep if they don't. I understand why a load stay away.

Attendances steadily decline. They also steadily improve. We can't expect miracles over the course of a few weeks.