The row infront of me in the MSU had about 4 people on the whole row, the rows in front of that all had bunches of 3-4 seats free. I couldn't see the rest of the main stand but the chaddy had plenty of similar pockets of free seats (particularly towards the lookers side).

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The row infront of me in the MSU had about 4 people on the whole row, the rows in front of that all had bunches of 3-4 seats free. I couldn't see the rest of the main stand but the chaddy had plenty of similar pockets of free seats (particularly towards the lookers side).

Back in the day against Forest, when there were over 8,000 home supporters, some were moved out of the Chaddy End into the Paddock, yet the Chaddy was not full. There were lots of odd empty seats spread around. Either they couldn't find them, didn't want to sit behind the pillars or they wanted two or more seats together.

There are always far more spares than it looks from the naked eye. The only time I'm sure I saw a fiddle was away at the Garfarm when the stewards were having everyone shuffle along into the spaces as it was totally rammed and they announced it as 1300 below capacity.

The product on the pitch has improved almost beyond recognition but the season is still young and lacking the magic 'winning something' ingredient.

IMO the Bradford game was the first 'attractive' crowd puller this term and a slow process has begun. The team didn't fluff their lines (for a change) and everyone should have been pleased with what they saw. Some will be back the next home match but I'm afraid the majority will wait for the next 'attractive' one.

Sadly, there is nothing 'attractive' in the league before the New Year but if we can stay in contention for the next two months the rest of the season is rich in promise for our support and finances.

We will have played virtually of the major top-end contenders away from home by the turn of the year. With virtually all of them still to come to BP, bringing their own 'increasing' away support, bodes well for us in the New Year. Resting fans will more easily/willingly re-prioritise funds for the 'big game, something at stake, matches.

From our low fan base it was always going to be difficult to turn it around quickly. With our superb turnaround in form and style, together with a fixture list that guarantees us a hum-dinger of a run in at BP - it's looking pretty good.

The product on the pitch has improved almost beyond recognition but the season is still young and lacking the magic 'winning something' ingredient.

IMO the Bradford game was the first 'attractive' crowd puller this term and a slow process has begun. The team didn't fluff their lines (for a change) and everyone should have been pleased with what they saw. Some will be back the next home match but I'm afraid the majority will wait for the next 'attractive' one.

Sadly, there is nothing 'attractive' in the league before the New Year but if we can stay in contention for the next two months the rest of the season is rich in promise for our support and finances.

We will have played virtually of the major top-end contenders away from home by the turn of the year. With virtually all of them still to come to BP, bringing their own 'increasing' away support, bodes well for us in the New Year. Resting fans will more easily/willingly re-prioritise funds for the 'big game, something at stake, matches.

From our low fan base it was always going to be difficult to turn it around quickly. With our superb turnaround in form and style, together with a fixture list that guarantees us a hum-dinger of a run in at BP - it's looking pretty good.

LJ's tinkering has gone too far if we are resting fans as well!

An Excellent post!

LJ says If we can get a couple more crowds like that, we might be able to get another couple of players in.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20141027-lee-johnson-post-bradford-2043411.aspx

If we are still in the top 6 and haven't sold the spine of our team by the time we have come out of the January transfer window there is no reason why we shouldn't be pulling that many in for the remainder of season, build that transfer kitty up for next seasons fight to stay in the championship