Crawley at Home (15th November)

I never finished later than half 12 on a Saturday when i was a postie..

:censored: the Lapse off and you'll make kick off ;)

Believe its all changed recently Matt,I remember when half the lads would be in the bar for mid day as they had finished their rounds.Used to go from there many a time

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine the club are thinking the England game may have an adverse effect on the crowd. Personally, I'd rather dig my own eyeballs out with a spoon and then eat them than watch an England match these days but that's just me[/quote

Oi that's my quote...hehe, But so true.

I expect to get slated for this but our game should have been moved to the Sunday. England's date and kick-off time is determined by UEFA these days and cannot be moved.

I should not be asked to choose between my club team and my national team.

I appreciate that a lot of people do not care about the national team which is up to them but many of us do. My view is that football should be watched live and I do not have the option of watching both these games live.

As an afterthought though this could be a an example of opportunities with the new facilities. Latics and England ticket - come to the game with a deal for the England match after, free pie and pint before the England kick off maybe. I'll still be poking my eyes with a stick instead but each to their own.

As an afterthought though this could be a an example of opportunities with the new facilities. Latics and England ticket - come to the game with a deal for the England match after, free pie and pint before the England kick off maybe. I'll still be poking my eyes with a stick instead but each to their own.

Could invite Barry along, perhaps he could gee us all up before the England game with a rallying speech. Maybe not.

• 2 weeks later...

Matt Chambers indicating that Crawley have 6 first teamers missing for the game with the strikers McLeod being suspended and Tomlin injured.

Will be the shortest price we've gone off for a league game I would say.

0-1 away win all over it.

Same people who bash the Premier League even though it is mostly brilliant.

The premier league is dire, some good players doing things worth watching in teams that play as individuals. Only Chelsea are worth watching at the minute, United maybe for comedy value, City are like watching some prick in stupid shoes waking across ice, you know they are going to slip it is just a matter of when. Arsenal are Arsenal and Liverpool are worse than City. Southampton and West Ham are functional but after that everyone else are awful, the games are just two teams losing possession by players trying things they don't have the ability to do. Ohh look, a 40 yard diagonal ball goes out for a throw in, again.

As for England, it is the worse bits of the premier league wrapped up in nationalism. Lets get all our technically deficient players on the same pitch at the same time and make them play against players who have a bit of a clue what they are doing in the first place and are able to do exactly what their coach/manager asks them to do then get surprised when they get shown up for the pretenders they are. Been doing it for the best part of the last 20 years with very few exceptions, why anyone expects any different is beyond me.

I want England to win games, I want them to do well but they don't meet me halfway and put a performance in, I'd settle for running around looking like they are interested rather than playing within themselves as they might get a boo from a crowd in the half a billion pound stadium with a crowd less than Stoke get in. It used to be the corporate seats that didn't re-appear for the second half that showed the state of game, now it is the average Joe punter not even bothering to buy tickets in the first place that tell you all you need to know.

Latics shouldn't be moving their kick off time to avoid a clash with that shower, should play at the same time to give people an excuse not to have to worry about missing the game and just check the result.

The premier league is dire, some good players doing things worth watching in teams that play as individuals. Only Chelsea are worth watching at the minute, United maybe for comedy value, City are like watching some prick in stupid shoes waking across ice, you know they are going to slip it is just a matter of when. Arsenal are Arsenal and Liverpool are worse than City. Southampton and West Ham are functional but after that everyone else are awful, the games are just two teams losing possession by players trying things they don't have the ability to do. Ohh look, a 40 yard diagonal ball goes out for a throw in, again.

That is the biggest load of verbal diarrhoea I've read in a long long time!!